LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Is this torque management???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this torque management???

2008 Grand Prix GXP - 70k miles

I just bought a scanner that can handle live data. I have noticed that while the throttle command is reading 100%, the REL TPS is maxing out at 67.5%.

I know why tq management is important, but killing a third of the power when it's not even shifting seems redonkulous. Am I reading this incorrectly or is this true?

If so, anyone know of a place that I can send out my ECM/TCM that will dial back the management to a more reasonable level? I have an extra set of computers, so I should be able to keep my warranty alive.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wot percentage never acctualy makes it to 100% but it's still open all the way. I have torque management via my right foot so I took it off thaw car, big difference
Old 10-19-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Lew is this correct?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
The wot percentage never acctualy makes it to 100% but it's still open all the way. I have torque management via my right foot so I took it off thaw car, big difference
Completely out or just when it's not shifting? I know my REL goes WAY down during shifts (down to around 20% give or take). I wish there was a dummies guide for all of these different data points.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is completely gone, it's a little interesting pulling out around a turn quick from a stop, or the month that it acctualy rains here is even more fun, if the Gxp was a rwd it would be the perfict car but you can launch it harder with no t/c

Quick Reply: Is this torque management???