LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Head Gasket and Valves

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Head Gasket and Valves

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some head gaskets for our cars, preferably 0.045. I can’t seem to find any for our 3.78 bore but I have seen them for the ls6/ls2 with the larger bore. I was also wondering if it would be possible to replace our intake valves with 2.02 (2.00 stock) and exhaust valves with 1.57 (1.55 stock) without any head work and what kind of gains would be seen from doing so, thanks.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our engines use the 5.7L head gaskets, so the bigger bore is not an issue.
Thunder racing sells MLS .045" head gaskets.

Yes you can use the 2.02 intake valves. I see no advantage to using the bigger valves in a 243 head that is already known to make over 400whp in LS1's as cast. We have small bores, and the bigger valve will cause shrouding problems. Send you heads to Advanced inductions and have them do a Stage II head job on your heads (about 795.00) and use new OEM MLS head gaskets. AI will mill your heads for disired CR.

How did the LS1 intake swap turn out?
Old 02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

hey Aaron, notice any difference/benefit with using that Fitch Fuel Catalyst??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I really like the gains of the ls1 swap but have since upgraded to the ls6, which I like a whole lot more. I have noticed a slight benefit from using the Fitch Fuel Cat, about .5 more a gallon. I am also able to run slightly higher timing without knocking. If I could do it over I probably wouldnt buy it again because I dont think the gains have been worth the cost.

Quick Reply: Head Gasket and Valves