LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Performance Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Mods

I know there is a lot on this subject. I dont want too much power but still want to have a little fun when stepping on the gas. I currently have Magnaflow cat-back with res delete. K&n drop-in filter. I would be happy to gain all together 50hp from stock. Including the exhaust, if i add a K&N CAI and get the computer re-flashed where in HP would i be compared to stock?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a K&N intake.
Get a Trinity with tune from lew.
Add a pair of Headers.
And if your not quite there yet an LS6 swap would round you off quite nicely.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Launching!

that should get you close. if not you really only have 2 other options...forced induction of some sort be it a bottle or blower/turbo...OR tearing into the engine. keeping in mind most LS series stuff is directly interchangeable should help you...that's how we can swap to the LS1/6 intakes. The LS2 will also work as well...and i'm in the process of seeing what all is feasible as far as running a matching 90mm throttle body. there are several popular choices for ported heads and camshafts.

The only major issue at even stock power levels? the transmission. get a big *** transmission cooler on there and a shift kit/tune for it as well. it will help but likely still grenade itself at some point. You'll need to place a call to Dave @ TEP and look for some advice on what to do there.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

you wont find a blower that will work on these cars, for FI turbo/nitrous