Search

LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Raced a Impala SS

Old 03-11-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
TECH Enthusiast

Trader Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to SSCoop Send a message via Yahoo to SSCoop
Default Raced a Impala SS

I'm coming from Tony Luke's in Philly to go back to Jersey. As I'm on 676 in NJ a blacked out Impala comes flying up behind me and passes me. So I'm like whatever, I'm starving and I want to get back home. The impala slows down and waits until I get closer. By then we are at about 50 mph. He rolls down his tinted window and says "Nice Charger! I want a piece of that Hemi!" So I said lets go from a 30 roll. He honked 3x and we take off strong. As I hit about 65 he's a car length behind me. Im still pulling strong and I let off at about 115 mph and he's BARELY in my rearview mirror. I slow down after I get passed exit 13 (Bellmawr exit). He comes rolling up and rolls his window down and says "damn that thing is fast I thought I would win. I have magnaflow exhaust, CAI, and a tune." I told him I just have an exhaust and intake. Pretty cool guy. Maybe driver mod? I was expecting a closer race.

06 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red Crystal Pearl-Mods: K&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust w/ Mufflers and Resonator delete.
Future Mods: Tuner, tinted windows, tined tail lights, SRT8 hood, honey comb grille w/ black crosshair, Red R/T grille logo/ hockey stick charger decals, Torque Thrust wheels, Long Tube Headers, Cam, and much more.
SSCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
TECH Enthusiast

Trader Rating: 1

What year is this impala ss?
Theblacknightls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like his driver mod was acting up. Good kill.
baltsk8er69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
TECH Enthusiast

It was a 2007 Impala SS. Probably the best looking one I've seen. It was black with tinted tail lights, tinted head lights, had black aftermarket wheels, tinted windows, had the SS logo in the grille and was de-badged. Sharp looking car.

06 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red Crystal Pearl-Mods: K&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust w/ Mufflers and Resonator delete.
Future Mods: Tuner, tinted windows, tined tail lights, SRT8 hood, honey comb grille w/ black crosshair, Red R/T grille logo/ hockey stick charger decals, Torque Thrust wheels, Long Tube Headers, Cam, and much more.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like me, ur not in md are you?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltsk8er69 View Post
Sounds like me, ur not in md are you?
Nah I'm in New Jersey. I will be in Waldorf, MD In a couple of months to visit family though.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
On The Tree

His trans probably self destructed
BigBlackBoxChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 15

I'd love to race your Charger, Coop!
2006 Impala SS (A4) 275 FWHP; DiabLew Tune|TWO Big *** Tranny Coolers|TEP valvebody|low-stall converter|TransGo Shift Kit|CAI|catless dp|3" catback w/Spintech mufflers|CSP Catch-Can|Morimoto HID projectors|Custom Brake Cooling Ducts|Rigid 30" LED Bar

LS1 Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #9
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1 Racing View Post
I'd love to race your Charger, Coop!
Hey man i'm ready. As long as its the Impala i'm racing and not that z28 lol

Old 03-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
Staging Lane

First of all, nice looking charger! I do want to say that 30mph is not a good kick down for an imp. 20 is a good one and so is 35. that's why a race from a roll isn't fair because of different power bands. My buddies stock Hemi Charger ran a best of 14.2@ 98mph which is what I heard impss should run. Sounds like it should be a great heads up race.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSWHITE07 View Post
First of all, nice looking charger! I do want to say that 30mph is not a good kick down for an imp. 20 is a good one and so is 35. that's why a race from a roll isn't fair because of different power bands. My buddies stock Hemi Charger ran a best of 14.2@ 98mph which is what I heard impss should run. Sounds like it should be a great heads up race.
Thanks! I was wondering why it wasnt closer. When we took off he did take off stronger and i thought he was going to beat me but i can see where you're coming from.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
TECH Enthusiast

On paper it can look like a close race. On the street anything goes to many things can be a factor
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1 View Post
On paper it can look like a close race. On the street anything goes to many things can be a factor
Very true!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
TECH Apprentice

Not a whole that can go wrong when racing 2 auto cars from a roll. Hold the wheel tight and press the skinny pedal on the right as hard as possible. My guess is once you started pulling on him he let off. But those chargers run pretty well. Nice win
BlackImpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
TECH Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCoop View Post
Hey man i'm ready. As long as its the Impala i'm racing and not that z28 lol
You'd probably have a better chance against the Z28, as I could blow a shift or something like that.

I've hurt a few Hemi cars pretty bad in the Impala, though!

And that's expected, since a stock R/T with a CAI will dyno around 280 to the wheels, but weighs almost 4100 lbs without a driver. My Impala weighed in at 3941 with my 220 lb *** in the seat!
2006 Impala SS (A4) 275 FWHP; DiabLew Tune|TWO Big *** Tranny Coolers|TEP valvebody|low-stall converter|TransGo Shift Kit|CAI|catless dp|3" catback w/Spintech mufflers|CSP Catch-Can|Morimoto HID projectors|Custom Brake Cooling Ducts|Rigid 30" LED Bar

Old 03-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #16
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1 Racing View Post
You'd probably have a better chance against the Z28, as I could blow a shift or something like that.

I've hurt a few Hemi cars pretty bad in the Impala, though!

And that's expected, since a stock R/T with a CAI will dyno around 280 to the wheels, but weighs almost 4100 lbs without a driver. My Impala weighed in at 3941 with my 220 lb *** in the seat!

I'm up for the challenge As long as we're having fun that's all that matters It's always gonna be a faster car on the road, whether its a LS series or a Hemi

Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
TECH Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCoop View Post
I'm up for the challenge As long as we're having fun that's all that matters It's always gonna be a faster car on the road, whether its a LS series or a Hemi
Absolutely right!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #18
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackImpSS View Post
Not a whole that can go wrong when racing 2 auto cars from a roll. Hold the wheel tight and press the skinny pedal on the right as hard as possible. My guess is once you started pulling on him he let off. But those chargers run pretty well. Nice win
So by smashing the gas pedal down on the right is how you race an auto? Damn
Old 03-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #19
TECH Enthusiast

This whole time I've been hitting both pedals and clicking my heels....jeez
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #20
TECH Apprentice

Just curious what else you would be doing from a 30 roll? But I'm just saying there's not a large room of error when roll racing an auto, it's not like your going to miss a gear.
BlackImpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement