LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Traction control problem

Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
TECH Apprentice
2011 BMW 5-Series
My Garage

Trader Rating: 0
Default Traction control problem

For the first few minutes of driving after the first startup of the day, or after the car sits awhile; the traction control kicks in when I'm turning, even if I'm barely moving. Do I just need new front hub assembly's? I'd really like to be able to turn into traffic and be confident that the car will actually go. This car is falling apart

2006 Impala Super Sport...K&N CAI, Super 44's, Superchips tune, Bilstein HDs struts, SSC lowering springs, DR STB's, Camaro SS 14" Brembo's, C5 12" rears, iPad head unit with digital optical to an Audison Bit One, 2x Audison Voce Quattro's, Audison Thesis Uno, 2x JL Audio 10w7's, Hertz Mille 3-ways
V8ImpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
TECH Addict
2002 Chevrolet Camaro
My Garage

Trader Rating: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8ImpSS View Post
For the first few minutes of driving after the first startup of the day, or after the car sits awhile; the traction control kicks in when I'm turning, even if I'm barely moving. Do I just need new front hub assembly's? I'd really like to be able to turn into traffic and be confident that the car will actually go. This car is falling apart
Sounds like hub assemblies, or at least the wires/connectors going to one or more of them.

You also might want to check the battery cables for corrosion and tightness. Many LS4 owners have experienced traction control anomalies due to battery issues, strange as it sounds.
2006 Impala SS (A4) 275 FWHP; DiabLew Tune|TWO Big *** Tranny Coolers|TEP valvebody|low-stall converter|TransGo Shift Kit|CAI|catless dp|3" catback w/Spintech mufflers|CSP Catch-Can|Morimoto HID projectors|Custom Brake Cooling Ducts|Rigid 30" LED Bar

LS1 Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
TECH Apprentice
2011 BMW 5-Series
My Garage

I doubt it's my battery, I have a 2 kinetik 1800's And my voltage is awesome no matter how hard I push them.

How can I figure out which hub is causing the issue, if it's the hubs.

2006 Impala Super Sport...K&N CAI, Super 44's, Superchips tune, Bilstein HDs struts, SSC lowering springs, DR STB's, Camaro SS 14" Brembo's, C5 12" rears, iPad head unit with digital optical to an Audison Bit One, 2x Audison Voce Quattro's, Audison Thesis Uno, 2x JL Audio 10w7's, Hertz Mille 3-ways
Old 03-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
TECH Addict
2002 Chevrolet Camaro
My Garage

Trader Rating: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8ImpSS View Post
How can I figure out which hub is causing the issue, if it's the hubs.
Visual inspection.
2006 Impala SS (A4) 275 FWHP; DiabLew Tune|TWO Big *** Tranny Coolers|TEP valvebody|low-stall converter|TransGo Shift Kit|CAI|catless dp|3" catback w/Spintech mufflers|CSP Catch-Can|Morimoto HID projectors|Custom Brake Cooling Ducts|Rigid 30" LED Bar

LS1 Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

a shop with a abs scan tool can tell which one right away through obd2. If its the wheel baring itself going bad and causing the issue and you cant hear any vibration or noises from it you can try using an infared thermometer and check to see how hot the hub is getting and compare them to the rest. The highest temp is the mot friction which is the bad wheel bearing. But i doubt u will see it without other wheel bearing failure symptoms. See if a shop will scan it for you for free, mine did.
rm08gxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
TECH Apprentice
2011 BMW 5-Series
My Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm08gxp View Post
a shop with a abs scan tool can tell which one right away through obd2. If its the wheel baring itself going bad and causing the issue and you cant hear any vibration or noises from it you can try using an infared thermometer and check to see how hot the hub is getting and compare them to the rest. The highest temp is the mot friction which is the bad wheel bearing. But i doubt u will see it without other wheel bearing failure symptoms. See if a shop will scan it for you for free, mine did.
Thanks, my neighbor has a fancy scanner!

Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2002, 2010, arm, battery, bearing, camaro, causing, control, firebird, issues, kinetik, problems, symptoms, traction, wheel