Traction control problem - LS1TECH



LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Traction control problem

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
V8ImpSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 374
Default Traction control problem

For the first few minutes of driving after the first startup of the day, or after the car sits awhile; the traction control kicks in when I'm turning, even if I'm barely moving. Do I just need new front hub assembly's? I'd really like to be able to turn into traffic and be confident that the car will actually go. This car is falling apart
V8ImpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
TECH Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
LS1 Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: 7814′46″N 1527′56″E
Posts: 2,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8ImpSS View Post
For the first few minutes of driving after the first startup of the day, or after the car sits awhile; the traction control kicks in when I'm turning, even if I'm barely moving. Do I just need new front hub assembly's? I'd really like to be able to turn into traffic and be confident that the car will actually go. This car is falling apart
Sounds like hub assemblies, or at least the wires/connectors going to one or more of them.

You also might want to check the battery cables for corrosion and tightness. Many LS4 owners have experienced traction control anomalies due to battery issues, strange as it sounds.
LS1 Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
V8ImpSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 374
Default

I doubt it's my battery, I have a 2 kinetik 1800's And my voltage is awesome no matter how hard I push them.

How can I figure out which hub is causing the issue, if it's the hubs.
V8ImpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
TECH Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
LS1 Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: 7814′46″N 1527′56″E
Posts: 2,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8ImpSS View Post
How can I figure out which hub is causing the issue, if it's the hubs.
Visual inspection.
LS1 Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Launching!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 214
Default

a shop with a abs scan tool can tell which one right away through obd2. If its the wheel baring itself going bad and causing the issue and you cant hear any vibration or noises from it you can try using an infared thermometer and check to see how hot the hub is getting and compare them to the rest. The highest temp is the mot friction which is the bad wheel bearing. But i doubt u will see it without other wheel bearing failure symptoms. See if a shop will scan it for you for free, mine did.
rm08gxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
TECH Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
V8ImpSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm08gxp View Post
a shop with a abs scan tool can tell which one right away through obd2. If its the wheel baring itself going bad and causing the issue and you cant hear any vibration or noises from it you can try using an infared thermometer and check to see how hot the hub is getting and compare them to the rest. The highest temp is the mot friction which is the bad wheel bearing. But i doubt u will see it without other wheel bearing failure symptoms. See if a shop will scan it for you for free, mine did.
Thanks, my neighbor has a fancy scanner!
V8ImpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
2002, 2010, arm, battery, bearing, camaro, causing, control, firebird, issues, kinetik, problems, symptoms, traction, wheel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.