LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Dynomax VT anybody?

Old 04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynomax VT anybody?

I'm looking for a drone free performance muffler. Seems to me this is the only option if I want it to still roar at WOT. anyone have expirence with these or the Dynomax Super Turbo?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bump someone's gotta be running them
Old 04-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the dynomax VT mufflers on my GXP
Old 04-18-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

What did you think of them? We're they quiet? Did the valve thing work well? Compared to stock how loud we're they?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Launching!

i sold the car a month after i installed the VT mufflers but they were quiet untill they got broke in than they sounded good i also had my resinator removed the valves worked good
Old 04-18-2012, 03:17 PM
RKO
Staging Lane

I just installed them about two weeks ago. They are super quiet at first. In fact they were so quiet you couldn't even hear the motor running at idle; while sitting in the car with the windows rolled up, only the ticking of the fuel injectors can be heard. After 350 miles though I noticed about three days ago they perform more of what I was expecting. When I hit the gas there is a nice roar but it is still very tame. So I agree there is definatly a break in period.

There is absolutly zero drone, even when I try to hold the motor in the rpm range of drone. At cruizing speeds with or with out 4cyl mode active, it gets very quiet again. So quiet that you can hear your tires on the road more than the exhaust. It is everything I expected and wanted for my car. Could be a tiny bit louder at full throttle but lets see if they break in a little more.

I'm not experiencing any clanking of the valves, you can clearly see they are padded whereas I guess the first runs were not... I'm not too sure about that.

One thing to watch out for that I noticed on my install (06 ISS) is the tail pipe is 2.25 inches but the inlet pipe on my car is 2.0 inches and I needed a reducer to make it fit.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sweet that sounds perfect. I'm going to do a cutout with an SLP loudmouth ive got lying around so I'll basically be able to bypass the VT's and still be legal when I'm wanting NOISE.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dynomax VT anybody?