LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

transmisson shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmisson shop

So I took my car(06 imp SS)to a tranny shop to get an Overhaul done n was promised I would get back the following week... once that week came they said the toque converter was out of stock ok they said I would get the following day then when I called to get it the following day the "wasn't cooling properly "ok so I bought a trans cooler then I was told a motor mount was broken... now flash forward 3weeks later this passed Monday the guy said he needed a program to read why its not shifting properly n that he ordered it from NY n was going to be here on Tuesday well Tuesday came went n nothing "the company wasn't able to ship it overnight so I had to wait til Friday n he would order the parts that same day n have it ready Monday evening or Tuesday morning! Over a mouth getting the run around n now officially tired of waiting for IMPALA!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear that, I know I would be furious by now. Hopefully everything works out in the end for you.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The_Madcat
Sorry to hear that, I know I would be furious by now. Hopefully everything works out in the end for you.
me too you have no idea how agree i was when i was talkin to the guy espcially cus they keep telling me oh it will be ready tomorrow ... oh its not ready but it will be ready tomorrow... oh we gotta check something out and well call u back(6hrs later no call back til i call them) and i get another it will be ready tomorrow i just feel like doing this hahaha but i told them if its not ready but tues then im getting a tow truck n towing it to somewhere else where they can fix it

i just want my IMP backkkkkkkkkkkkk so i can
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just say you'll get a lawyer involved its surprising how fast that makes shops work. I had a 97 K1500 that came with a 3 month warranty and it spun a rod bearing. They had it for over a month giving me the run around. I ended up having them pay my truck payment for that month and ended up getting my truck back within a week.