LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New 06/gxp owner

Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default New 06/gxp owner

from my very fast GTP to a stock GXP just wanted to say hello while im not new to grand prixs i am new to the gxp arena. im on day3 of having this car and already hacked up the airbox/ got the ubend res delete done replaced with 3 in/and installed RV sized transmission cooler. tommorow ill probably get around to doing my fender well intake and poly upper engine mounts while waiting for a diablo tune and hogan dp.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you don't **** around!
Welcome to LS4 tech.
No sunroof?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:59 AM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't recommend anything from Diablosport. I realize that Lew does tunes for them on the side however as a company they are ridiculous. I bought a Trinity for my 06 GXP a few weeks ago and when I went to install Lew's tune it did not read my TCM correctly and when installing the tune to my car, it failed.

Therefore, my car was a sitting paperweight. It didn't even know how many miles were on it. I called Diablosport and they could have gave two ***** less. Apparently, there is an update, NOT AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC, without calling in that is required for it to read the TCM file on some cars. You have no way of knowing until it is too late.

I had to have my car towed to a dealer and have the TCM / PCM flashed as well as pay for a rental car for a few days. Did Diablosport give a ****....NO. They said that it has nothing to do with them.

My question is ....If you advertise a product to support TCM's out of the box , than it should work out of the box without having to call in a request a update file that isn't even open to the public. The support team themselves are arrogant as well, and you have to wait 40 minutes on hold before they come to the line.

Ludicrous company, ridiculous support and a pain in my *** about covers Diablosport.

I had almost $1000 into the tune by the time it was done and not ONE person gave a ****.

HPTuners is the way togo. Oh nice GXP by the way, it looks like there is no sunroof, thats a pretty rare sight to see!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

Like I said in another thread, I dont know why the LS4 guys are so stuck on Canned tunes. . . . they are more expensive than a street/dyno tune yet are limited canned tunes. doesnt make any sense to me. . .
Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
Like I said in another thread, I dont know why the LS4 guys are so stuck on Canned tunes. . . . they are more expensive than a street/dyno tune yet are limited canned tunes. doesnt make any sense to me. . .
i hear you on that butttttttttt down hear in AZ its hard to find a tuner who i trust im probably better off buying hp tuners my self and making changes myself
Old 05-17-2012, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Neither lew nor vince at trifecta do "can" tunes. They both use data logging. Us "ls4" guys aren't into can tunes but street tunes.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hazards280
I wouldn't recommend anything from Diablosport. I realize that Lew does tunes for them on the side however as a company they are ridiculous. I bought a Trinity for my 06 GXP a few weeks ago and when I went to install Lew's tune it did not read my TCM correctly and when installing the tune to my car, it failed.

Therefore, my car was a sitting paperweight. It didn't even know how many miles were on it. I called Diablosport and they could have gave two ***** less. Apparently, there is an update, NOT AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC, without calling in that is required for it to read the TCM file on some cars. You have no way of knowing until it is too late.

I had to have my car towed to a dealer and have the TCM / PCM flashed as well as pay for a rental car for a few days. Did Diablosport give a ****....NO. They said that it has nothing to do with them.

My question is ....If you advertise a product to support TCM's out of the box , than it should work out of the box without having to call in a request a update file that isn't even open to the public. The support team themselves are arrogant as well, and you have to wait 40 minutes on hold before they come to the line.

Ludicrous company, ridiculous support and a pain in my *** about covers Diablosport.

I had almost $1000 into the tune by the time it was done and not ONE person gave a ****.

HPTuners is the way togo. Oh nice GXP by the way, it looks like there is no sunroof, thats a pretty rare sight to see!
just an fyi, I did two 2006 gxp tunes just last night for a couple guys, did pcm and tcm tunes for both, and they never had a single issue with their cars or their trinity's... heh...

so I think you just got a bum deal on that used trinity you bought... something wasn't right with it, which is why it's never recommended to buy things like this used, you never know what you're getting... Maybe the blame should have been put on the guy that sold you the used, forked-up trinity instead, heh... and, you bought it used, so no warranty, so why should diablosport have to worry about paying for a tow, or a rental car?? if you had bought a trinity new, you would have a warranty, and guess what, it wouldn't have cost you anything to get the tool fixed, or your ecm reflashed by them, etc... so, I don't really see how this is a diablosport fault/issue here... but, whatever...

but, at least ya got a tune now, so that's cool man, happy for ya.. enjoy!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 05-22-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

[quote]used, forked-up trinity instead[\quote]

Most likely the key problem with your setup, Haz.

You get what you pay for.

I personally have not had issues with Diablo tuners, the only ones I see have issues are the used ones.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Actually, the trinity worked fine in my buddy's car that I sold it to. And yes, he had a custom tune made.

Diablosport didn't give a rats *** about anything. I don't care if your stuck on the belief it was the used trinity. The ****** was 30 some days old and from a friend of mine. He actually bought it back from me and continues to use it.

I was told by the rep at Diablosport ....word for word, that the problem was that there was and is an update for the trinity that has to be sent to me. It doesn't affect every ls4 but on a case by case scenario. The update isn't available without a phone call. The trinity was up to date with the newest software available.

Diablosport can suck my left nut.

Last edited by hazards280; 05-22-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Regular

Regardless, Im not going to be giddy about Diablosport and have nothing good to say about thir product. If it works in one car it should work in another. When I sold it back to him, it worked fine in his car.

Regardless, let's just put this behind as we obviously have different viewpoints and I don't want a arguement to persist. Hell I plan, on having my car another few years!

Last edited by hazards280; 05-22-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Any professional company would stand behind their product used or not IMO.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:34 PM

so tuners up for for the next mod im getting alot of mixed reviews but honestly which is best just get hp tuners? or....diablo trinity?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 91parkave
so tuners up for for the next mod im getting alot of mixed reviews but honestly which is best just get hp tuners? or....diablo trinity?
Personal preference.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 91parkave
honestly I would buy HP tuners and learn to tune yourself, but its up to you
Old 05-24-2012, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 94ss06gxp
honestly I would buy HP tuners and learn to tune yourself, but its up to you
Maybe he can save up for a DynoJet, too.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HPtuners can be a lil overwhelming. If I didn't have someone helping me I would have been screwed, but computers are not my friend.
HPtuners is pretty bad *** but if your new to tuning it may be a bit much?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:30 AM

All very good points guys, and thanks for youre experience and input. like i said though im just looking for a tuner that lets say i can program cooling fan temps..DOD at a certain gear or speed...etc etc things like that. The trinity is a very nice product but im not a big fan of having the virtual drag strip and all that crap on there. if the predator or intune could do the same thing i would go for that instead..speaking of has anybody messed with the intune from diablo yet?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 06/gxp owner