LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

does anyone have contact info for will at overkill?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default does anyone have contact info for will at overkill?

Hey guys, i have exchanged a couple of emails with will about ordering a TCM tuned for 3.29's for my 2008 GXP. We exchanged a few emails then i paypal'd him the money for the order on the 16th of july. The last i heard from him was the 13th of July. I have emailed him several times and no luck. No word of it being shipped, no contact whatsoever. if anyone has his phone number i would appreciate you either giving him a call and asking him whats up or make sure he emails me back. Im not asking for it to be handled right a way but i would really like a status update and preferrably a ship date. the car was dropped off at my trans guy last night and the 3.29's will be in soon and i really need the TCM to be able to drive the car. So if anyone knows how to get ahold of him please do and let me know whats up i really dont want to open a paypal dispute and have the money tied up for a while. Even if he doesnt have time right now or anything and wants to refund me that would be fine too ill go through someone else.

Thank you very much
Steve
Old 07-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh. His response times drive me nuts too. I ordered my TCM for 3.29s on 4/9 and it didn't come til 5/1. I have been waiting since 6/28 for a re-tuned ECM. He does a killer tune for a great price but really tests your patience. Sorry I don't have anything more than his email address either. All I can say is it'll eventually come and you'll love it.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UseAsDirected
Ugh. His response times drive me nuts too. I ordered my TCM for 3.29s on 4/9 and it didn't come til 5/1. I have been waiting since 6/28 for a re-tuned ECM. He does a killer tune for a great price but really tests your patience. Sorry I don't have anything more than his email address either. All I can say is it'll eventually come and you'll love it.
yeah i would just really appreciate a status update or something showing he is looking into the order, i am sort of in a time crunch so that doesnt help either
Old 07-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Teching In

I just went through a very similar situation. I ordered the new ECM/TCM on July 5th and never heard another word, despite several e-mails to him and PMs over on NAIOA. I finally heard back from him yesterday, apologizing for not responding sooner. He says my tune shipped last week and I should see it this week, but didn't provide any sort of tracking info.

I've heard his tunes are really good, but his support response times are horrible. I'm willing to give him a little leeway as I also have a side business that requires online customer support and it can get a little overwhelming at times. If his product is as good as advertised and other testimonials have said, I'll be happy. But, it's not a good first impression to a new customer.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Will did my tune. The highway response is impressive.
Tuning out the DoD stopped oil consumption
Very affordable and highly recommended
Old 07-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Launching!

I want to say thank you to will for handling it right away. I apologize for making a big deal, I've just been screwed online a few times and the lack of communication worried me a little but. But will did email me today and its on its way. Thanks again
Old 08-06-2012, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

I tried to buy stuff from him numerous times over the years and I never received any response from him at all......so I decided to pursue options with vendors who actually give a **** about their customers....
Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Just a fair warning i would stay away, very far away from Will at Overkill. I received my TCM today (took almost 2 full weeks to ship) and it is serisously wrong. The Stabilitrak turns off and wont turn on, the car will not shift under any light throttle, except WOT. Then when it does shift under WOT the shift point is only about 5k. The downshifts need to be done manually and are borderline violent. My stock TCM tuned for 2.93's drive and behave much better than his "expert" tune does. I have started a paypal claim and will let you know what happens but im honestly not expecting him to respond as he never does. Buyer Beware!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Hold on a minute before you go bashing him and raising hell why not give him a chance to fix the issues, I will assure you he will either fix your tune or refund your money without needing to go overboard about it. You do realize you paid for a canned tune which makes it a pain in the *** as a tune is an iterative process and mailing TCMs back and forth isn't cost or time effective, and guess what he isn't perfect...people make mistakes. Regardless, hes been tuning these cars for years and has a solid product.

The only beware the buyer needs is the response times and lag that comes with his service. This is no secret, it takes some patience to deal with Will. I've had a lot of interaction with Will over the last year or so and despite his response lag times his off the shelf tune is solid. And more importantly he is a really good guy, very friendly. He will make your situation right, he isn't out to rip anyone off, so lets not blow things out of proportion here. You will get your situation resolved one way or another.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jrhartman
i tried to buy stuff from him numerous times over the years and i never received any response from him at all......so i decided to pursue options with vendors who actually give a **** about their customers....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redlightrampage
Hold on a minute before you go bashing him and raising hell why not give him a chance to fix the issues, I will assure you he will either fix your tune or refund your money without needing to go overboard about it. You do realize you paid for a canned tune which makes it a pain in the *** as a tune is an iterative process and mailing TCMs back and forth isn't cost or time effective, and guess what he isn't perfect...people make mistakes. Regardless, hes been tuning these cars for years and has a solid product.

The only beware the buyer needs is the response times and lag that comes with his service. This is no secret, it takes some patience to deal with Will. I've had a lot of interaction with Will over the last year or so and despite his response lag times his off the shelf tune is solid. And more importantly he is a really good guy, very friendly. He will make your situation right, he isn't out to rip anyone off, so lets not blow things out of proportion here. You will get your situation resolved one way or another.
X2

he actually did an in-car tune on my GTP and its amazing, it had an issue with starting in cold weather and he said that the issue was with his tune, i met up with him and he wasnt able to re-tune it on the spot, so he said he will be mailing it back, it didnt cost me a cent, he fixed the issue and shipped it back, priority mail by the way and VERY well packaged, he is a busy man so sometimes he cant get to his email asap, he has another job so sometimes things come up, just be extremely patient his work is well worth the wait seriously
Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Teching In

i bought a tune from him a few weeks ago and i havent heard anything, i dont know if it is coming or what the deal is??? any help?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Teching In

i have emailed him numourous time and nothing? how long did u wait? what can i do to find out if and when the thing is coming??
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have plenty of diablosport Trinity and inTunes available, plus package deals that include my custom tuning at a reduced cost to save you $$... excellent support and quick turn-around times... hit me up if interested...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 11-06-2012, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Go with Lew. From my interactions with him (not including this site or gmls4.com) through email, there was never a delay in communications.

I don't know Will but it would appear that tuning/cust service is not high on his agenda as this is not the first post I have seen like this.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:19 PM

Searched but couldn't find threads. Just got ECM/TCM from Will (took about 3 weeks), car will not turn over at all. Radio and interior lights come on, service engine light on and stays on with key in on. I'm aware of a case re-learn but is it normal for the car not to even start from the get go?

Last edited by Ryan Ideus; 01-04-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Teching In

You need to also do a security re-learn.

I don't have access to the exact procedures for this, but it involves turning the key on and off multiple times over a period of about half-an-hour.

I'll look when I get home and see if I can find my copy.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Teching In

I just received my TCM from Will. He was away for the Holidays. He is a good guy but a little behind in shipping. He will return your Emails.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by north east gxp
I just received my TCM from Will. He was away for the Holidays. He is a good guy but a little behind in shipping. He will return your Emails.
I have a 2008 GXP as well, Will has replied quickly to help me resolve my key re-learn. Car is still dead this morning. Tried two factory keys, two different times leaving in ignition for (3) 15 minute intervals. Nothing. He told me it is tedious and to make sure battery is good charge and never open doors.

Hood is open for charger and I am low on fuel so the low fuel level light comes on. Should I put in old ECM and see if it starts and then put back in re-tuned ones?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by steves86ta
I want to say thank you to will for handling it right away. I apologize for making a big deal, I've just been screwed online a few times and the lack of communication worried me a little but. But will did email me today and its on its way. Thanks again
I have a 2008 GXP and on about my 9 try at getting it to start via a key re-learn. I'm frustrated more than I can explain.

I've followed instructions to a t. did you have any issues?

Quick Reply: does anyone have contact info for will at overkill?