LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering springs

Who's got lowering springs? Brand ? Drop? How do they ride? Do they pogo? I'm looking into springs but I don't want my car to ride like a lowered Honda. I'm only lowering for handling so I don't need a 2 inch plus drop. Just stiffer to handle better. I already have front and rear stb and ordered kyb gr2 struts...hoping springs will ice the cake. It's on an impala SS. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Seems like most guys go with the SSC/Canuck Motorsports lowering springs. I believe it's a 1.7'' drop front and rear for the Monte/Impala. I'm not lowered so I can't help you with any personal experience.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol thanks
Old 08-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

There are several threads on this. The most complete is this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...ades-done.html

I can tell you that the SSC springs and the KYB struts will give you the pogo issue. I am not an expert on suspension yet but it seems the struts can't keep up with the springs.

The SSC springs are firm - just the way I like them. However the ride will be harsh. I rode in a Z06 and the ride is a lot more refined than with these springs.

I drove my 95 Camaro the other day (it's been a while) and when I went into a corner hard it leaned over and it startled me. That should tell you how firm those springs are.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I think I'm staying away from springs....ill probably do the kyb adjustables. I'm not looking for a harsh ride. Just better handling. On the bright side my stock suspension was already destroyed when I bought the car so....back to stock would be an upgrade lol.

Quick Reply: lowering springs