LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Does my GXP have FE4 suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does my GXP have FE4 suspension?

I was looking for brake pads to buy from Advanced Auto, and came across some Wagner PD999 and Wagner PD922a models. A question was asked in a review about what the difference was, and someone answered that the "PD922a is for the vehicles that came with FE4 special suspension from the factory." This is new to me. How do I figure out if my 2006 GXP has this FE4 Bilsteen suspension? Maybe all GXP's have it?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

the mcss and i assume impss have the fe4 suspension. i dont know if thats true for the gxps/lax though since they have different struts and springs.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Only the GXP's have the Bilstien parts from the factory. The IMP's and MC's did not come with Bils.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:59 AM
On The Tree

I am pretty sure that you have the FE2 suspension. The FE4 sway bar attaches directly to the lower control arm. If your sway bar has end links that attach to a tab on the strut, you have the FE2 suspension. If it attaches to the lower control arm, you have the FE4.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The_Madcat
Only the GXP's have the Bilstien parts from the factory. The IMP's and MC's did not come with Bils.
The LaX Supers come w/ the FE4 Special Ride (Bilstein) suspension, as do all GXP's.

Just take a look at the RPO code sticker in your trunk.

Last edited by SeweRat; 08-18-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SeweRat
The LaX Supers come w/ the FE4 Special Ride (Bilstein) suspension, as do all GXP's.

Ditto
Old 08-19-2012, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The_Madcat
i never said the impss or mcss came with them i said the lax and the gxp both got the bilsteins, but my car and all the MCSSs have the fe4.

Originally Posted by SeweRat

i dont know this for a fact, but i dont think that the fe4 denotes the bilstein struts. my car has the fe4, but im positive it doesnt have the bilsteins. to my knowledge only the gxp and the lax got them. i thought the fe4 was more about springs and sway bars.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
i never said the impss or mcss came with them i said the lax and the gxp both got the bilsteins, but my car and all the MCSSs have the fe4.

i dont know this for a fact, but i dont think that the fe4 denotes the bilstein struts. my car has the fe4, but im positive it doesnt have the bilsteins. to my knowledge only the gxp and the lax got them. i thought the fe4 was more about springs and sway bars.
Its deeper than that it goes all the way down to the subframe cradle bushings as well..
Old 08-20-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

good to know, but it doesnt involve the struts?

Quick Reply: Does my GXP have FE4 suspension?