LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Tranny help pleeeeease!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny help pleeeeease!!!!!!!

I Have a serious problem....... i'm hoping not but i dont know... I have had my traction control/stability control service lights on in my 2006 GP GXP (93xxx) tonight as i took off from a stop light she didnt seem right like the tires were spinning. As i pulled into a parking lot and went to use the gas pedal it seemed to be in N it would not go in D as i put it into manual mode it would move. I drove it back onto the road and while in 1st it seemed to slip as i went through the gears it would go. While in D it wont move an inch yet in manual it goes. While driving down the highway it will operate in D ok havent tried to get on it to see if it would slip i was too scared to tear something up....the fluid level was good and was just changed in a filter change about 3xxx back........... PLEASE HELP ME ANYBODY/EVERYBODY

THANKS A MILLION 1BADGXP (1sadgxp)
Old 10-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

I have not personally saw this, but I have read before that this is a common sign of your torque converter going out. The only thing that confuses me is usually the computer will put the car in a max line pressure state because of the slippage and shifts will become very harsh.

The traction controller and stability lights are usually a sign of a bad wheel speed sensor, but I guess if the transmission is spinning and the wheels are not it could throw that code I suppose.

I would have the pan pulled again and check for torque converter debris.

I am sure there are way more experiences transmission gurus that could help you more than me. I had mine rebuit already, but mine would slip and shutter at speeds over 50mph (when torque converter would try to lock up). My tranny was filled with converter matter.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Well i had it looked at by a shop and they told me that i more than most likely have a busted drum and a sprag issue the way it acts....sooooo back to the drawing board. I have to figure out a way to get it fixed on a very extremely tight limited budget....... thanks for ur input
Old 10-30-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badgxp
I Have a serious problem....... i'm hoping not but i dont know... I have had my traction control/stability control service lights on in my 2006 GP GXP (93xxx) tonight as i took off from a stop light she didnt seem right like the tires were spinning. As i pulled into a parking lot and went to use the gas pedal it seemed to be in N it would not go in D as i put it into manual mode it would move. I drove it back onto the road and while in 1st it seemed to slip as i went through the gears it would go. While in D it wont move an inch yet in manual it goes. While driving down the highway it will operate in D ok havent tried to get on it to see if it would slip i was too scared to tear something up....the fluid level was good and was just changed in a filter change about 3xxx back........... PLEASE HELP ME ANYBODY/EVERYBODY

THANKS A MILLION 1BADGXP (1sadgxp)
Sounds like a combination of things, but mostly like the seals in the forward drum are shot.
You need a rebuild.

Quick Reply: Tranny help pleeeeease!!!!!!!