LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Pictures and suggestions on what to do first.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pictures and suggestions on what to do first.

Hey guys still trying to find time to post up on this site been working 70 hours a week building dodge dart motors... so my pride is hurting a lil bit but finally got an off day so ill upload some photos and im open to any suggestion on what to do to it. already had fluid and filter changed plugs and wires just about everything maintenance just wanting to know anything cosmetic/mechanical i could do for somewhat cheap to enhance it.

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=6

and then just for some drooling purposes ill post up some pics of my brothers toy since they're already up on photobucket if im not working on my car im working on this big boy toy.

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=1

so lemme know what y'all think i should do to it.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Cosmetic: I'm a big fan of the red/black contrast so I would suggest tint, black overlays for the SS badges, plasti-dip the wheels or powdercoat, 3'' chrome exhaust tips, DEPO headlights (inside is blacked out)

Mechanical: Other than maintenance type stuff (cheap), I'm not sure what to suggest other than some perf. mods (not so cheap lol). Shift kit and a tranny cooler are on the cheaper side. Maybe a homemade CAI? Downpipes for our cars are on the cheaper side too (if you want to go cat-less).

Hope that helps a bit!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

I was wanting the Depo heads but i don't know where to get en because i don't trust Ebay anymore
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SatanBob
I was wanting the Depo heads but i don't know where to get en because i don't trust Ebay anymore
Ebay's your best bet. I got my set a couple months back without a hitch. Shipping took like 3 days.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Staging Lane

**** alright lol and anyone got an idea on how long plastidip takes to ship might get some for myself for christmas
Old 12-22-2012, 07:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can get it at a local hardware store. Home Depot and Lowes carry it.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Oh sweet
Ty
Old 12-22-2012, 04:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh sweet
Ty
Home depot and Lowes only carry black plasti dip if you want clear coat or any other variety of color of plasti dip use amazon.com
Old 12-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Staging Lane

i just wanted black as soon as this is paid off i might try and find a ctsv wagon.. idk why but those cars are just sexy plus i like to fish tail a lil once and a while
=)
Old 01-19-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should be able to get the depos on amazon. Beware tho - mine aren't sealed right and I have to keep finding leaks.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Unless you want to spend the money, just do it yourself. I bought all my supplies for less than 5 dollars and they look as good as the 160 dollar ones!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 AM
Staging Lane

well i just put on some brakemotive pads and rotors tonight and tomorrow ima be getting it back to the garage to maybe paint the rims and finish blacking out the badges so ill put up pics but god damn anyone around my area that knows how to do tint these places around here want my damn legs to tint this car it seems like 250 is the cheapest quote i found for window tint
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well i just put on some brakemotive pads and rotors tonight and tomorrow ima be getting it back to the garage to maybe paint the rims and finish blacking out the badges so ill put up pics but god damn anyone around my area that knows how to do tint these places around here want my damn legs to tint this car it seems like 250 is the cheapest quote i found for window tint
I paid $240 including taxes for my Impala and I got the 6" banner on the front windshield. So $250 seems a little high considering the MC has 2 less windows then the Impala.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crich88848
I paid $240 including taxes for my Impala and I got the 6" banner on the front windshield. So $250 seems a little high considering the MC has 2 less windows then the Impala.
exactly what i was thinking lol especially when some of my buds with envoys and trailblazers and still paid less than me at the same places :rihttps://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies3/ripped.gifpped:
Old 01-22-2013, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

exactly what i was thinking lol especially when some of my buds with envoys and trailblazers and still paid less than me at the same places :rihttps://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies3/ripped.gifpped:
Yea, I wouldn't pay over $180 to tint the MC.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 AM
Staging Lane

You got anyone up by you crich that you could send me to that does good work and wont screw.me over im a skip away
Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

You got anyone up by you crich that you could send me to that does good work and wont screw.me over im a skip away
I personally go through Ziebart everytime. They are a little more expensive then other places around here but they do exellent work. With their regular tint they give a year warranty and with the premium tint they warranty it for as long as you own the car. Like I said before I paid $240 for mine, but $40 of it was for the 6" banner on the front (which I think is a must on any car with tint). They were charging $180 for the car without the banner (5% tint), so I would imagine it would only be around $160 for you with 2 less windows. I know there is a Ziebarts right there in South Beloit, IL that should be pretty close to you. If your still looking for something cheaper then I know my cousin told me after I got it done that he knows a place that would do it for $150 on my car and I can ask him again what that place was when I talk to him later today. But at the end of the day you might very well make the difference up in gas getting to Milwaukee. Me personally, I would check out the Ziebart in Beloit and see what they want to charge you. You can't beat quality work with a warranty attached to it. If you do end up wanting the name of that other place just let me know. Good luck!

And if you go to their website you can print off a $25 dollar coupon off of any service.

Last edited by crich88848; 01-24-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks bro ill hit up the zeibart in sobo on one of my days off here and check out how much they want thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Pictures and suggestions on what to do first.