LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Sound system sadness :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sound system sadness :(

So recently I had my factory stereo replaced with something I could use with my ipod/phone, they did the correct install with the amp harness, still can use my steering wheel controls etc but now the speakers sound like complete ****!! The bass now sounds like a 1980 cassette player, anyone know what's wrong? before the stereo install the monsoon system sounded awesome
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

U have to balance the volume when you turn it up can't have your phone on max volume. Gotta have it at 60-75%
Old 12-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 91parkave
U have to balance the volume when you turn it up can't have your phone on max volume. Gotta have it at 60-75%
Thanks I will give that a try!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you using a gmos adapter by chance? If so you need to turn that all the way up.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The interface module that allows use of the aftermarket head unit with the factory amp may have a level or "gain" adjustment. There is a proper way to tune that gain but for your purposes you just need to turn that down. The only reason good speakers sound bad is because there is distortion somewhere in the system, this could also be caused another "volume" level being too high somewhere else in the system. The level on your iPod/phone would only possibly cause this problem if you are using the headphone to 3.5mm aux jack, if your going through Bluetooth or USB then the problem is somewhere else.

Try looking at the tuning settings in the head unit. Try turning the bass down and make sure loudness and media expander...ect...are all turned OFF. What kind of unit is it?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 AM
On The Tree

Could be many things interference could be coming from bad connections in the wiring but your best bet is in your radio settings. That's where I would look first

Quick Reply: Sound system sadness :(