LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Monte Carlo Wheel Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monte Carlo Wheel Question

Hey everyone, I recently just got a 2006 Monte Carlo SS and I'm in the "modding" phase lol. First The car needs to tires and I want to get some wheels for it as well. Right now I am looking at these wheels, http://www.sportingwheels.com/produc...-wred-lip.aspx , spec wise it's 18x7.5 with 5x115 bolt pattern 73.0 center bore and a high offset. And I am looking at getting Nitto Motive tires that are 235/50r18. I just want to make sure all of this will fit properly. If the wheel size will fit fine then if there is a better size I should be looking at please let me know. I want the car to look good but drive nice and be safe as well. Thanks for all the help in advance
Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Hi! Excellent choice of vehicle, and I am not biased in any way...

I really like those wheels. Assuming the "high" offset is between 35mm and 52mm, they should fit perfectly. The tire size you chose is the stock size.

I like the red accents. Not too pimpy, would look perfect on a red or black car.

So, what color is your Monte Carlo?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2006 Silver Monte SS
Hi! Excellent choice of vehicle, and I am not biased in any way...

I really like those wheels. Assuming the "high" offset is between 35mm and 52mm, they should fit perfectly. The tire size you chose is the stock size.

I like the red accents. Not too pimpy, would look perfect on a red or black car.

So, what color is your Monte Carlo?
Mine is all Red at the moment. But I really want to have the side skirts and the bottom of the front and back bumper painted white. And do you think I should stick with the stock size for the tire size or would something fit that wheel any better? This is only my second car and my first one that is this nice (first car was a 96' thunderbird) So I am completely new to really buying anything for cars. I only bought one pair of tires for my thunderbird in the time I had it and never did any modifications to it. My SS on the other hand, I have a ton of things I want to do to it haha

Last edited by ANewBreed; 02-12-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: //
Old 02-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Teching In

I'm not a big fan of the wheels but I'm glad u decided to get good tires LOL most people cheap out on the tires and then complain the car drives like crap.

I would def get tires a litle wider! 235 is small...IMO

Quick Reply: Monte Carlo Wheel Question