LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Cold Air Inductions

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cold Air Inductions

Does anyone else have an issue with the PCM wires being very tight when installed with the cold air inductions CAI? Mine are so tight that I fear they might pull out of the plug.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine went on just fine, but it does make a weird poofing sound when I turn the car off. I don't know if that's normal or not. I assume not.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cory1750
Mine went on just fine, but it does make a weird poofing sound when I turn the car off. I don't know if that's normal or not. I assume not.
I don't know what the deal is. Maybe they made the wires shorter on my car lol. I even pulled the harness out of the hold down that is attached to the radiator and the wires are still being pulled really bad. Its only the wires going to the last plug farthest from the radiator. All of the other plugs have plenty of slack in them. I'm probably going to take it back apart and see if I can fix it, I'm just really concerned with teh wires pulling out of the plug.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Haha that the intake.. Tap the gas to rev it sometime.. Youll hear it suck in..

But yea turning it off makes a noise too haha..
Old 03-01-2013, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crich88848
Does anyone else have an issue with the PCM wires being very tight when installed with the cold air inductions CAI? Mine are so tight that I fear they might pull out of the plug.
I had no problem..

Stupid ? But are you sure you put them in the right way :p
Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 08GXPGXP
I had no problem..

Stupid ? But are you sure you put them in the right way :p
HAHHAHAH, not a stupid question. I have been asking myself the same thing all day. I went based off of the pictures that were in the install instructions. All of the plugs on the modules are facing towards the front of the car. Is this the right way?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

HAHHAHAH, not a stupid question. I have been asking myself the same thing all day. I went based off of the pictures that were in the install instructions. All of the plugs on the modules are facing towards the front of the car. Is this the right way?
Yes.. TCM one gave me problem til I realized I didn't have that blue clip towards the front.. But yes harnesses towards front.. I could take a pic if you need but I think you got it right.. Maybe there's some slack somewhere?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Haha that the intake.. Tap the gas to rev it sometime.. Youll hear it suck in..

But yea turning it off makes a noise too haha..
Alright cool haha I'm still pretty new to modding the car.It's my first car and I've had it for a year and loving it so far. Glad to know that noise is normal.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Yes.. TCM one gave me problem til I realized I didn't have that blue clip towards the front.. But yes harnesses towards front.. I could take a pic if you need but I think you got it right.. Maybe there's some slack somewhere?
I have no clue whats going on with it. The harness is very tight though. Like I said before I even removed the harness from the hold down attached to the rad. I even tried to force the harness over with no luck. I will take it apart later today and see if I can figure it out. Maybe i got the harness caught on something.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Alright cool haha I'm still pretty new to modding the car.It's my first car and I've had it for a year and loving it so far. Glad to know that noise is normal.
The poofing sound comes from the tb shutting while a revolution or two happens its just the engine trying pull vacuum when you **** the car off and you hear it now because you have cone filter
Old 03-02-2013, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

I have no clue whats going on with it. The harness is very tight though. Like I said before I even removed the harness from the hold down attached to the rad. I even tried to force the harness over with no luck. I will take it apart later today and see if I can figure it out. Maybe i got the harness caught on something.
Tbh I'd be happy with your problem. Ghetto rig it

When I took out my stock box I had a dead mouse and all my wires are torn to ****.. Well.. Ate to ****... I don't feel like spending 300 dollars on a new harness so I'm gonna leave them be. Eventually go in and tape up ones that are close to touching
Old 03-02-2013, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 91parkave
when you **** the car off
Got it. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Inductions