LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Plasti-dip the window pillars???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plasti-dip the window pillars???

Hey everybody, I have bought these pillar covers here about a year ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Impala-06-12-Piano-Black-Covers-Scratch-resistant-Polycarbonate-Trim-b-c-/261184818477?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2008%7CModel%3AImpala&hash=item3ccfd40d2d&vxp=mtr
And they have faded to a purplish/bluish/black crap color. I was wondering if anybody has tried to put plasti dip on it? I tried it on my wheels and it looked good, only thing was I took it off when I got new wheels because they "accidently" started to peel after I got them installed. I put a clear coat over them and they SUCKED to take off. I am looking for a glossy shine to them, any recommendation?
Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't do plastidip on them. That **** will be rubbing off in no time with the oil from your hands. Just sand them down and paint them.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i plati dipped the cowl when i did the cabin air filter cause it was fading from the arizona sun, **** still looks good and i go throuhg weekly car washes. TBH u might as plastidip and then hit it with glossifier **** ever peels off just do it again

Quick Reply: Plasti-dip the window pillars???