LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

First Drive with intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 06:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default First Drive with intake swap

So started the car up today for the first time with the new ported LS1 intake and 90mm TB combo, must say throttle is way more touchy than before nowhere near as linear as the LS4TB combo was, drove it to wal mart an back just to see if everythingwas working fine i can barley go above 20% throttle without dumping fuel, which is as expected especially with the LS6 injectors.

I did run into some issues after the first start which boiled down the throttle blade getting stuck at full close which then threw the car into a reduced power setting even after clearing codes i was still perplexed took everything off double checked connections etc.... well i guess with the LS4 programming it slams the TB blade all the way before coming back open when you shuut the car down this was causing the blade to get stuck in the weird recesses of the TB. after cursing at the car for half the day i found that the blade was actually making contact with the bore it self so i HAND sanded those areas and repolished the surface so it would never stick again

As for the intake swap that was good except the alternator bracket i ended up chopping on the car, never took it off just covered the cylinder heads and went to work. worked out just fine as for the MAP i located it in the rear of the manifold and just peeled the wiring back for it out of the factory loom. no need to buy some harness. Also the TB adapter needed some grinding on right edge to avoid hitting the heater hose lines. ALSO i would highly recomend re taping your Factory loom before taking off the intake manifold there so many pices of factory loom that cracked and fell everywhere when i was trying to take off the manifold it wasnt even funny. save youreself some time and prevent all those plastic pieces from getting into the intake. otherwise once i start getting my VE and MAF where they need to be ill give some more final results on the swap Thanks to all that could help and have given me great advice over the almost year now of having the GXP.

Here are some pics BTW a 8mm wrench ratchet will save you some valuable time taking the intake off

[URL=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/91parkave/media/IMG_20130504_113802_565_zps064efa55.jpg.html]

The stupid ALternator bracket

[URL=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/91parkave/media/IMG_20130504_113815_895_zpsfc008c89.jpg.html]

Edit above issues probably wouldn't have happened if I would've set the etc scaler to match the new throttle body values everything is perfect now and driveability is like normal

Last edited by 91parkave; 05-07-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Loom?"

Are you referring to the conduit?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by GXP25
"Loom?"

Are you referring to the conduit?
yessss
Old 05-07-2013, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What catch can did you go with?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you get tuned for the new injectors?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dom87SS
What catch can did you go with?
there modded eBay specials 20 bucks shipped a piece

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Did you get tuned for the new injectors?
yea but there was only so much I could do just the flow rate the short pulse adder won't go below 4.000 which is factory default and the ls6 are 3.920 not a big deal though overall today I finally got my trims +- 5. Gonna wideband it now and get better and pull some 2nd gear wot runs later this week

Quick Reply: First Drive with intake swap