LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

transmission hot?!

Old 07-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post transmission hot?!

I have an 06 IMP SS n trying to figure out why or how to keep my tranny oil from becoming to thin after driving a while. I already have a trans cooler hooked up to it by itself Alone..

Any suggestions?!
Old 07-28-2013, 02:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 06chevyimpss
I have an 06 IMP SS n trying to figure out why or how to keep my tranny oil from becoming to thin after driving a while. I already have a trans cooler hooked up to it by itself Alone..

Any suggestions?!
Dex6 for the most part is synthetic. It will always be thin. If you still in loop with the radiator you might want to consider running standalone
Old 07-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Dex6 for the most part is synthetic. It will always be thin. If you still in loop with the radiator you might want to consider running standalone
its running on just the cooler alone right now thinking about draining n putting royal purple synthetic fluid and reconnecting to the radiator as well
Old 07-28-2013, 10:27 PM

its running on just the cooler alone right now thinking about draining n putting royal purple synthetic fluid and reconnecting to the radiator as well
I wouldn't do that dex 6 is a great fluid if you're going to mix use a little amsoil
Old 07-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 91parkave
I wouldn't do that dex 6 is a great fluid if you're going to mix use a little amsoil

Ok thanks if there's any other tips or tricks send them my way I could use all the help hahaha already had to rebuild my tranny once n dont to again
Old 07-29-2013, 01:24 PM

Ok thanks if there's any other tips or tricks send them my way I could use all the help hahaha already had to rebuild my tranny once n dont to again
Try to maintain a once a year filter replacement and pan drop. Install shift kit and the tunes are always critical for long life IMO

Edit: oh and the biggest the transmission cooler if you don't have one get one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: transmission hot?!