LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Diablo In tune?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo In tune?

Hey guys quick question, I recently uninstalled my stupid flashpaq tune bc it made my car run slower than stock...but anyways would it be equally as bad of an idea if I got the diablosport intune tuner? I know diablo is way better than superchips but is this tuner gonna be shitty like the flashpaq?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

You have to get a custom tune for it. That's why everyone recommends the diablosport.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Have any big future mods planned? If you're just looking for mild go get a dyno tune done and be done with it. There are plenty of ls tuners in NY.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

the diablosport inTune will give you better gains than that other one, heh... has more end-user adjustable parameters than any others.. has more complete/full parameter support for full data logging...

PLUS, you can get custom tuning done for it, for a custom tune tailored specifically for your car, unlike those others where you can only use whatever tunes they give you on them...

I also offer a package deal for them that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you save $$...

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc...

As far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play... so there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg - above and beyond what the preset canned tunes give you... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...

You can find info about it, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com and http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

any questions, please feel free to hit me up...

I am also a dealer/reseller for cold air intakes, exhaust systems, etc etc... so if anyone is ever interested in those upgrades, let me know....

Thanks!
-Lew

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Banned

Thanks lew. I have read a lot about what u can do for our cars. I will definitely want ur services. So with the intune u can help me out I take it?
Old 08-04-2013, 10:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yes sir...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 08-04-2013, 02:26 PM

LOL youre saying diablo offers more adjustability then HP tuners? or you saying intune vs the trinity
Old 08-04-2013, 02:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 91parkave
LOL youre saying diablo offers more adjustability then HP tuners? or you saying intune vs the trinity
he said he had a superchips.. so my reply was in regards to diablo handhelds vs. any other brand handheld.. superchips, hypertech, etc etc...

intune and trinity diablo tools have same adjustability...

yes I know obviously hptuners full tuning software would have more than any handheld, heh.. I have hptuners too plus I have diablo's tuning software as well...

Old 08-04-2013, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
he said he had a superchips.. so my reply was in regards to diablo handhelds vs. any other brand handheld.. superchips, hypertech, etc etc...

intune and trinity diablo tools have same adjustability...

yes I know obviously hptuners full tuning software would have more than any handheld, heh.. I have hptuners too plus I have diablo's tuning software as well...
how do they compare if you dont mind me asking? your hpt and diablo
Old 08-04-2013, 03:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

layouts are totally different.. easier to find things with diablo's software haha...

hptuners has some settings in it that diablo's CMR software does not..

but also, diablo's software has some settings in it that hptuners does not have, heh...

so, they're pretty comparable

Quick Reply: Diablo In tune?