LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

LS2 TB and dirty PCV hose connection question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 TB and dirty PCV hose connection question

First, I just wanna say thanks to everyone who helped me with my high idle problem a while back. I really appreciate everyone's input to helping me solve that problem.

Anyway now that that problem is solved I'm ready to the ls6 IM swap along with the ls2 TB. The only thing that is confusing me about the swap is the new placement of the dirty PCV (?) hose. On the ls4 TB it's on the side but since there's no such port on the ls2 TB I'm not sure where I should route it to. How did everyone else who did this combo solve this issue? Sorry if this is a noob question I'm kind of learning as I go and want to be absolutely sure of everything before I decide to go through with this.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GXP866
First, I just wanna say thanks to everyone who helped me with my high idle problem a while back. I really appreciate everyone's input to helping me solve that problem.

Anyway now that that problem is solved I'm ready to the ls6 IM swap along with the ls2 TB. The only thing that is confusing me about the swap is the new placement of the dirty PCV (?) hose. On the ls4 TB it's on the side but since there's no such port on the ls2 TB I'm not sure where I should route it to. How did everyone else who did this combo solve this issue? Sorry if this is a noob question I'm kind of learning as I go and want to be absolutely sure of everything before I decide to go through with this.

Side of the tb is evap you will need to run another fitting on the intake however for your new pcv

Here's an example we have brake booster evap and pcv

Last edited by 91parkave; 08-06-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Teching In

So on your intake picture the brake booster is in the stock location, the evap is on the TB adapter, and the dirty PCV is above the brake booster? The LS4 PCV is on top of the stock manifold originally right? And the other PCV line is usually mounted on the intake tube? So the new PCV has to be mounted on the intake manifold itself or can it be mounted on the intake tube as well? To get this straight there are 4 Lines in all right? Brake booster (which has a spot already), evap (on the TB adapter), Clean PCV (on the intake tube), and dirty PCV (drill and mount a fitting above the brake booster line). Is this thinking correct?
Old 08-06-2013, 06:22 PM

Honestly it dosen matter what order you put things in as long as they have vacum . but yes the line from the rear valve cover goes to the intake manifold vacuum source. The evap gets vacuum and the brake booster. The clean side front valve cover runs to the intake tube post maf. You should also take the time to get oil catch cans installed. Here's my setup, catch cans installed off of strut tower. ( my coolant tank is located on the passenger side now)
Old 08-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Okay I think I understand now how everything will be run but just to be sure would my routing of the vacuum lines be correct then? Basically, I'll just copy what you did with your first picture of your intake manifold to be sure I don't mess up. As for the catch cans I see the obvious routing of the front oil catch can but what about the other one where the lines are somewhat hidden? Does this one happen to have a line lead to the rear valve cover, back into the catch can, then run out into the PCV fitting on the intake manifold? I think I'm starting to get a firm understanding of how everything works now.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:03 PM

You got it man that's the way I have them ran , basically just intercepting each line that would normally exist for pcv
Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Teching In

I completely understand everything now and how I will run everything thanks alot parkave! I'm gonna start buying everything I need soon to complete my LS6 IM, LS2 TB, and LS7 MAF swap. I'm also going to install the catch cans while I'm at it for sure! Thanks a lot man I tried explaining everything to my dad but the first thing he asked is "Where's the carburetor?" He'll learn someday too hahaha!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:45 PM

I completely understand everything now and how I will run everything thanks alot parkave! I'm gonna start buying everything I need soon to complete my LS6 IM, LS2 TB, and LS7 MAF swap. I'm also going to install the catch cans while I'm at it for sure! Thanks a lot man I tried explaining everything to my dad but the first thing he asked is "Where's the carburetor?" He'll learn someday too hahaha!
Lol I assume your tuning this? Cause these mods require them so you can drive it
Old 08-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Teching In

I have a Diablew tune and I asked Lew if he could tune for all of this and he said no problem but the MAF might be a problem. I hope he is able to use the tables you posted before to tune the MAF correctly. I trust him not to blow up my car haha
Old 08-06-2013, 11:40 PM

I have a Diablew tune and I asked Lew if he could tune for all of this and he said no problem but the MAF might be a problem. I hope he is able to use the tables you posted before to tune the MAF correctly. I trust him not to blow up my car haha
Those are a starting point sure but he should be able to knock it out using your fuel trims and other data. Let me know if you need more info or a tunefile
Old 08-06-2013, 11:57 PM
Teching In

A few quick questions while we're on the subject of catch cans and PCV.

1. I'm seeing some catch cans on ebay that have an inlet and outlet like regular catch cans but they also have little filters on top of them as well. Is this the better way to go or not? Does it matter at all?

2. Did your 4 inch intake elbow come with the PCV hole or did you drill a new hole into it and reuse our stock PCV fitting for the hole?

Sorry man almost done with the questions I swear haha
Old 08-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Those are a starting point sure but he should be able to knock it out using your fuel trims and other data. Let me know if you need more info or a tunefile
Ok thanks alot when the time comes for tuning I'll see what Lew needs to get everything in tune and I really appreciate you explaining everything so clearly this is helping tremendously thanks alot parkave
Old 08-07-2013, 12:24 AM

A few quick questions while we're on the subject of catch cans and PCV.

1. I'm seeing some catch cans on ebay that have an inlet and outlet like regular catch cans but they also have little filters on top of them as well. Is this the better way to go or not? Does it matter at all?

2. Did your 4 inch intake elbow come with the PCV hole or did you drill a new hole into it and reuse our stock PCV fitting for the hole?

Sorry man almost done with the questions I swear haha
No. Do not get the ones with the breather filter on top. Its very important to not have any leaks in the Pcv system as it is all metered air.

And I just drilled a hole and took off the old breather nipple that's on the factory intake elbow and transplant it to the new one nothing fancy.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Yeah even I thought that looked like one big vacuum leak haha and I'm going to do the same thing with my clean air PCV that you did. If I wanted to be fancy I would've bought a CTS-V amirite? haha anyways I've already ordered a ported LS6 IM, injectors, and fuel rail now I just gotta get everything else. Thanks for all your help parkave!

Quick Reply: LS2 TB and dirty PCV hose connection question