LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

06 SS replacment head unit wiring

Old 08-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 SS replacment head unit wiring

I have an 06 impala ss with bose and onstar. Bought the ax-adbox1 and the ax- adgm01 harness.I am no stranger to putting in my own head units and systems but not on a new vehicle like this. I can get power and sound to the unit on acc. Once I turn the key to on I have power with no sound. There is 2 12v ignition/switches but they both come out of the same harness. I had them both hooked up to the single 12v red from the head unit. Any help wiuld be much appreciated! I don't really want to take it to a shop!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by southern_iroc85
I have an 06 impala ss with bose and onstar. Bought the ax-adbox1 and the ax- adgm01 harness.I am no stranger to putting in my own head units and systems but not on a new vehicle like this. I can get power and sound to the unit on acc. Once I turn the key to on I have power with no sound. There is 2 12v ignition/switches but they both come out of the same harness. I had them both hooked up to the single 12v red from the head unit. Any help wiuld be much appreciated! I don't really want to take it to a shop!
there should be a ground connector with the adbox that needs to be grounded to the radio chassie

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 SS replacment head unit wiring