LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Custom exhaust video

Old 10-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom exhaust video

This is my 07' Grand Prix GXP exhaust. It's a Classic Chambered Exhaust Powerstick muffler in place of the stock resonator, with stock size tubing back straight to the tips, no mufflers. It's quiet in the cabin while adding a nice rumble, absolutely NO drone on the highway because the powerstick acts similarily to a resonator. But on the outside it gives off a real nice sound, a little raspy maybe for some but I prefer it that way. I did this way back in the spring, but if I remember right the muffler was $70 and the labor w/piping was about $100, not bad at all. Filmed with my Contour Roam2 action camera with suction cup mount. Let me know what you think! Also i'm bad at uploading vids so if this doesn't work let me know.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Oh and sooner or later i'll get around to filming a video from inside the car too, and i'll add it to this thread.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

...lot of faith in a suction cup.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Yeah I thought that at first haha. But it's damn heavy duty. I cleaned the bumper and the cup and after I attached it I grabbed onto it in a crouching postion and I could lean back with almost all of my weight on it. I was more worried about pulling the bumber off lol.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds good man, I wonder how this would sound with some muflers on. Also those suction cup mounts for both the contour as well as the go pro are crazy strong.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Thanks! I'm not sure I suppose it would depend what type of muffler was used. The powerstick is a straight through style with a series of side champers to help muffle the sound. I think added mufflers would be too quiet for me, and this setup really isn't too bad volume wise.

And yeah, super strength suction cup haha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom exhaust video