LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

been a wile ! -intercooler and more!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default been a wile ! -intercooler and more!

well guys its been a wile since iv been on, thought id give you an update
this summer finally got the car into the shop to get intercooler and piping welded in.

i ended up getting a set of reto fit headlights

added some fender stripes

and had recently i got hit by two different vehicles in the same day. both not my fault, screwed the front bumper up, broke the grill, cracked the retro fits up, and broke the backside of the headlight, and the rear bumper has a hole and a couple dent.. good thing is i wasnt permanently injured and everyone was ok. one person stopped and gave me all info, next guy drove off, got him tho so all damage is being covered except for the retro fits . but oh well ill have alot of time this winter. hope everyones doing well !
Old 10-23-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looked good, I hate how inconsiderate other drivers are, not learning how to drive properly and all. I drive defensively every day, I avoid more collisions than anyone should ever have to think about.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good, kind of like the no chrome trim.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Are those TE37's? That's not something I thought I would ever see on a grand prix. Looks good. Are they real?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cory1750
Are those TE37's? That's not something I thought I would ever see on a grand prix. Looks good. Are they real?
thanks man! and i like the tuner rims on it, gives it a different look. they are not real, they are knock-off's the rims are fast hayaku 18x9

http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Fast...inted/Gunmetal

i just took the center caps out and put in black ones
Old 10-25-2013, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by turbo_Ls4
thanks man! and i like the tuner rims on it, gives it a different look. they are not real, they are knock-off's the rims are fast hayaku 18x9

http://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Fast...inted/Gunmetal

i just took the center caps out and put in black ones
Nobody gets real ones. They are too much money. Real ones either go on unused show cars or race cars. I have always wondered what they would look like on these cars though and I guess I got my answer lol. Different is good.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cory1750
Nobody gets real ones. They are too much money. Real ones either go on unused show cars or race cars. I have always wondered what they would look like on these cars though and I guess I got my answer lol. Different is good.
its stupid the price of some rims, there not made of gold or anything.. but its like name brand stuff, some people gotta have it lol
Old 10-26-2013, 03:11 AM
Teching In

Nice car but I have a question.

What is the purpose of putting a turbo on a car like this? Isn't 500whp a bit excessive for a FWD V8? I'm sure it's fine on the street and strip but can you track this car? I mean since it's FWD that's a lot of pulling. Not to mention the kit pricing.

Not hating at all. I'm just genuinely curious why?

Or is the answer simply 'why not?'

Old 10-26-2013, 07:59 AM
12 Second Club

If you had a ride in a Turbo LS4 car, its a simple answer = gobs of power !!! The kit runs $5500 - $7500 depending on what upgrades you get with it. Mine was squirrely as a **** till I put the LSD in, but it's awesome to drive! Upside is there's a nice highway mileage bump. Also, a lot of people end up spending that much after they start modding to end up with less power... but I know the up front cost holds most back.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is car is badassed! I love this set up! How much PSI you got on this beast!?

And to answer the question would be "why not?" LoL!!
There are plenty of high horsepowered FWD cars, even for the track....I learned that a while ago looking at Jay Leno's garage,....hehe!
Old 10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Teching In

pretty much why not ? haha in all honestly i pretty well paid the stock price for this car and got a turbo kit with it.and got to do small things to the car to make it my own. im only running 5psi, im deff not 500whp and traction is allright, best time on **** street tires was 13.3 not bad at all. is there better cars out there to hold that power... sure is ! id love to turbo a g8 or gto but i love my car.. most days anyway

Quick Reply: been a wile ! -intercooler and more!