LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

LS4 in a Volvo V70 2004

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS4 in a Volvo V70 2004

Hi,
I just joined this forum and I think it has great knowledge and expertise.

I'm planning a project in swap in a complete LS4 FWD power plant in a Volvo V70 2004. I'm just in the beginning and I need a lot of information regarding engine and gearbox management of the LS4 setup. The Volvo has a Canbus environment and my goal is to maintain functions such as climate control but to separate it from the original engine management. The car has a manual gearbox so there is no TCM involved. But to start I should need a lot of information regarding measurements of the LS4 power plant gearbox included, is there anyone that has this information? Regarding LS4 engine management PCM/TCM I think there is no way to have it integrated into Volvo Canbus network so I believe that the LS4 management will be a stand alone or is there a possibility to have it integrated?
I would really appreciate your information and tip in how to make this swap real.

Thank you,

Nicklas
Old 04-02-2014, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's lots of technical information to this end over on gmls4.com. You may want to check it out.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been looking at a similar swap but with a 98 v70 FWD. Physically I am sure the LS4 fits, but like you said you have the wiring issue. The big issue I see for you is trying to go manual. I would assume some type of adapter plate would have to be machined to match up to the volvo manual. I would go with the automatic just for the ease knowing that custom drive shafts would have to be made.

Quick Reply: LS4 in a Volvo V70 2004