LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Opinons ! 2007 MC SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinons ! 2007 MC SS

A quick question regarding the ls4 tranny....I had my tranny checked out due to having hard jerks at a sudden stop, come to find out, it was my engine mounts that were broken, had the bottom one fixed and soon gonna order a poly one for the dog bone at the top, or I may just flip it.....Dunno however !

While at the shop, an actual transmission shop, my buddy checked my pressure and stated it was at 17, which he said was actually very good for a tranny with my miles, currently at 92, had it checked about 500m ago so not to much longer. I currently experience kind of a hard shudder when moving from DOD 8th-4th and 4th-8th, and sometimes just a hard shift when pulling off. Maybe around 50 degree temps, a little less. Car hasnt really gotten too hot and I havent monitored my tranny temps yet.

The real question is, will at this point, since the tranny shop says my fluid looks like its in perfect shape and pressure low, should i throw a shift kit on it? I am currently still under an extended warranty until 103k, however I do wanna extend the life of my tranny. Just dunno if the shift kit will give the company a reason NOT to fix it.

Any opinions? Oh and im new lol

Quick Reply: Opinons ! 2007 MC SS