LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New interior electrical gremlin... sigh..

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New interior electrical gremlin... sigh..

The courtesy lights don't fade out. They stay on.. fronts on headliner and rear seat side ones on headliner while you are driving. They do turn of after 10 minutes when the GXP is shut off so it doesn't drain your battery. The courtesy lights fuse was ok.. Don't know what the hell it could be. Disconnected the battery for a few hours. That did nothing either. Oh yeah old GM quality. Anyone?? Or do I have to go to the stealership... Driving at night with all your interior lights on ... oh sooo friggin nice.

Thanks for any suggestions

Derek
Old 05-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Launching!

NO one on the whole internet has had this problem with any vehicle. One guy I read had something similar. Says its expensive fix, wiring in the driver door harness...... F'ing great
Old 05-04-2014, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dumb question but are these the same lights that come on with the interior switch? Any chance the interior switch is on or possibly bad keeping them on or are these lights separate from interior lights?
Old 05-04-2014, 03:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Seems like something in the door came loose...like the wires that tell the bcm the door is closed.I'll do some research hopefully something simple
Old 05-04-2014, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by need4z
The courtesy lights don't fade out. They stay on.. fronts on headliner and rear seat side ones on headliner while you are driving. They do turn of after 10 minutes when the GXP is shut off so it doesn't drain your battery. The courtesy lights fuse was ok.. Don't know what the hell it could be. Disconnected the battery for a few hours. That did nothing either. Oh yeah old GM quality. Anyone?? Or do I have to go to the stealership... Driving at night with all your interior lights on ... oh sooo friggin nice.

Thanks for any suggestions

Derek
Does the dic show any of the doors open? the headlight switch controls the delay of the lights but there should be a gray-black off the bcm i wanna say the white plug under driver dash left of the colum test that wire its the power to the lights from the bcm here is a tech sheet from DEI

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix DirectWire 2.0 Vehicle Information

Left Front Door Trigger gray/black (ajar); tan (open) - BCM left of steering column, 52 pin plug (C2), pins 26, 25
Right Front Door Trigger black/white - BCM left of strng column, 52 pin plug (C2), pin 17
Left Rear Door Trigger lt. blue/black - BCM left of strng column, 52 pin plug (C2), pin 7
Right Rear Door Trigger lt. green/black - BCM left of strng column, 52 pin plug (C2), pin 5
Dome Supervision gray/black + BCM left of steering column, 52 pin plug (C1), pin 43

If you want the full sheet i can email it to u
Old 05-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 08 pimpala ss
Does the dic show any of the doors open? the headlight switch controls the delay of the lights but there should be a gray-black off the bcm i wanna say the white plug under driver dash left of the colum test that wire its the power to the lights from the bcm here is a tech sheet from DEI

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix DirectWire 2.0 Vehicle Information

Left Front Door Trigger gray/black (ajar); tan (open) - BCM left of steering column, 52 pin plug (C2), pins 26, 25
Right Front Door Trigger black/white - BCM left of strng column, 52 pin plug (C2), pin 17
Left Rear Door Trigger lt. blue/black - BCM left of strng column, 52 pin plug (C2), pin 7
Right Rear Door Trigger lt. green/black - BCM left of strng column, 52 pin plug (C2), pin 5
Dome Supervision gray/black + BCM left of steering column, 52 pin plug (C1), pin 43

If you want the full sheet i can email it to u
Please and thanks. Pm sent

Appreciate it bud!

Derek
Old 05-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Launching!

DIC shows everything is shut. the dimmer is for dash lights only impala guy from 4 posts ago thanks. Only GXp people understand. Thanks 91 park ave keep digging too. lol

Thanks guys really!! Car cant be driven at night. have to call dealership tmrw if not fixed today. GRRRRR..
Old 05-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Hey the BCM is the Body Control Module right? Where is the bcm location? So look for a white connector under left of dash and a black and white wire going into it??
Old 05-04-2014, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

BCM should be left side of dash - with drivers door open, there is and access panel... at least on my 07...
Old 05-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Dont ask... but its fixed!!! Now got a burnt our back seat headliner bulb..does the housing just pop off with a flat screwdriver? Dont wanna break the light housing. Thanks to all for other stuff.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:13 PM

Dont ask... but its fixed!!! Now got a burnt our back seat headliner bulb..does the housing just pop off with a flat screwdriver? Dont wanna break the light housing. Thanks to all for other stuff.
Sorry I didn't get back sooner yes it pops off with small flathead...FYI now is the time you should upgrade to LEDs lol
Old 05-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Sorry I didn't get back sooner yes it pops off with small flathead...FYI now is the time you should upgrade to LEDs lol

I heard the front push button lamps near the rear view mirror are led and are on a circuit board but dont look LED.. so you cant replace them or whats the case?? Where can I get pure white Leds for foot wells , vanity mirror, courtesy lamps rear.. I guess like I said the fronts you cant do right? Oh and do we have a glove box light..If we do, mines burnt out. Oh and trunk light and license plate. That's enough. Not interested in exterior. Annoying I think. Just want the interior basic bulbs. Did it on my Z06.. huge difference. Made it feel newer.

Thanks man,

Derek
Old 05-05-2014, 08:12 AM

I heard the front push button lamps near the rear view mirror are led and are on a circuit board but dont look LED.. so you cant replace them or whats the case?? Where can I get pure white Leds for foot wells , vanity mirror, courtesy lamps rear.. I guess like I said the fronts you cant do right? Oh and do we have a glove box light..If we do, mines burnt out. Oh and trunk light and license plate. That's enough. Not interested in exterior. Annoying I think. Just want the interior basic bulbs. Did it on my Z06.. huge difference. Made it feel newer.

Thanks man,

Derek
I ordered cheapies off of eBay

Been working great
Front back footwell all replaced with led lighting

www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1618811
Old 05-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Launching!

Been working great

Plus the others I mentioned?

D
Old 05-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Launching!

Been working great

Easy install? How hard is it to do the front headliner clicker main ones by the rear view mirror? Do they have a license plate light too?

Thanks and they look sweeeet!!!
Old 05-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Which ones do i order. There are ones that come from HongKong? The first vendor is USA. Are they all the same? How many you get? I'm confused which ones to order. These ones will fit all socket accepters in our GXP's??

These ones from HongKong:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-X-T10-Whi...-/371055887866

Last edited by need4z; 05-06-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:09 AM

pretty easy install, Just take your time, have a jewlers flat head screwdriver. just make sure you before you pop all the lenses back on that you test the interior lamps with the key in the ignition and fully on, I guess the only downfall to the cheapo leds is that they dont dim out like regular bulbs do so they will appear very soft. Nothing to worry about though. heres an updated link, although im sure you can find other bulbs if you want of a diffrent design, i used 194 bulb type

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-PCS-Super-White-T10-Wedge-5-SMD-5050-LED-Light-bulbs-W5W-2825-158-192-168-194-/251370483066?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a86d92d7a&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: New interior electrical gremlin... sigh..