LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

traction control help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traction control help!

When I hit any bumps small to large my doors unlock then re lock. Also on the display it jumps from drive to park back to drive. Hops out of gear, then flashes service traction control. Just had my trans built for second time hasn't even been a month yet and I'm positive what ever is wrong is the cause for my tranny failure. Anyone figure this problem out?
Old 09-06-2014, 11:25 AM
RKO
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure the shifter cable is properly adjusted connecting to the Trans, probably not properly aligned. Try turning off the automatic lock/unlock feature when putting the car in gear and into park.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Door locks are directly controlled by the body Control module , so something is command them on and off. RKO may be onto something. If the COmputer see's it self in a diffrent Drive mode then it may wig out and throw a traction control message , i will do some research on the wiring diagrams for you. In the mean time i would take RKO's suggestion and disable automatic logs on the DLC and see if that stops the doors from locking , that will give me a better idea of what to chase on the diagrams.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats the diagram for the PRND321 , COntroled by the ECM and transmission control module , so there may be a short on the P wire that is causing it to ground and trick everything into thinking its in park and throwing your traction code and unlocking your doors to let you out.

Quick Reply: traction control help!