LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Newbie. Looking for help with exhaust mod on my 06 Impala SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie. Looking for help with exhaust mod on my 06 Impala SS

I've been all over forums and websites and read reviews and my heads spinning lol. I can't seem to find the consistent info I'm looking for so I thought I'd post here. I'm looking to put either the flowmaster super 40s or super 44s and new tips on. My questions are, what do I need besides the mufflers and tips to perform this mod without welding? What IN/OUT orientation works best? What size tips would work best? and finally, which sounds better, the super 40s or super 44s? Also, Amazon is telling me the super 40s don't fit my 06 Impala SS yet I've seen videos, reviews, and forum posts of 06 SS owners with it. Does that just mean some welding is required? I understand this is alot of questions but If anyone could help me out that'd be really awesome, I really suck at this. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just have your local exhaust shop weld them on for you i wouldnt use anything thats not gonna weld on if all your doing is changing mufflers and the options are endless on what tips you can use i have magnaflows on mine ill post a video
Old 09-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Thanks, I really appreciate the reply. Sounds beautiful. So tips don't really affect the sound so much? What size tips did you go with?
Old 09-17-2014, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default exhaust

u found the right place and u found the right guy for that

Quick Reply: Newbie. Looking for help with exhaust mod on my 06 Impala SS