LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake

Anyone know what is up with the company cold air inductions I tried calling and there number is disconnected I what to get one from them help a fellow michiganders out...
Old 11-05-2014, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just dialed (810) 392-9999 and got an answering machine stating Cold air Inductions, Maybe try from another phone.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Teching In

yeah I found it and got ahold of them all the numbers on google said it was disconnected I let them know...they changed there number and it was suppose to be forwarded to the new one but wasn't
Old 11-06-2014, 05:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I am an authorized dealer for Cold Air Inductions and sell their intakes.. I can definitely get you hooked up with one.. and a little cheaper as well.. since my price is a little lower than direct from them, plus I give free shipping.. ;-)

They are one of the best cold air intakes there is out there... They have enclosed, insulated air boxes to keep out engine bay heat, ceramic coated intake tubes to reduce/eliminate heat soak, etc. You can check it out here http://cai.diablewtune.com and just select your vehicle from the drop-down list to get the info/details about the model for your vehicle. You can also click on the picture to get a popup of additional pictures of it that you can go through.

I have used their intakes for 9+ years on my own vehicles, and their build quality is 2nd to none.. their products always fit like a glove, and it's not cheap plastic stuff like others are... Like them so much, that I decided to become a dealer for them a few years ago.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 11-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Sorry I wish I would have read your post first I got excited had the boy shipped and installed.....Quality 2nd to none for sure looks beautiful and sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

But did u have a problem only when u stomp it says Service brake assist kills the power to the engine and locks the doors and i even have the trac off... im sure there is something im missing can someone please help

Last edited by ORourkeLS4; 11-07-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nope... The intake wouldn't cause that issue...
Old 11-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Teching In

I don't think its the intake itself that wouldn't make sense....im just baffled on this tho anyone else every run into this?????
Old 11-09-2014, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ORourkeLS4
I don't think its the intake itself that wouldn't make sense....im just baffled on this tho anyone else every run into this?????

Orourkels4 , Your lucky that i've already dealt with this, i went threw 7 days of hell figuring this out.

Please read my thread over at

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-ss-5-3v8.html

Respond here if you have any questions
Old 11-09-2014, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sint3k
Orourkels4 , Your lucky that i've already dealt with this, i went threw 7 days of hell figuring this out.

Please read my thread over at

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-ss-5-3v8.html

Respond here if you have any questions
So likley during the installation they messed with your ground wires.

There is 4 total , 2 of them are tied together attached to the transmission , and another one is a large ground wire from the battery that will also have a smaller with it also attached to the transmission , those 4 grounds are your primarys for the PCM/TCM and EBCM , Mine where jacked up and i had to cut into my harness and wire new ground wires. Yours may just need cleaning or may not of even been attached correctly. I noticed they did move your positive cable as this is not its natural routing. Also on the starter Positive post you should put a Cap over that post as it can hit the CAI and potentially arc , don't ask me how i know.

Last edited by Sint3k; 11-09-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Teching In

O crap thanks man I'm going to check that asap....I appreciate it I read all all of ur post and wow I would have been ripping my hair our lol
Old 11-09-2014, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

O crap thanks man I'm going to check that asap....I appreciate it I read all all of ur post and wow I would have been ripping my hair our lol

yea i was seriously getting stressed out , because issues like that can literally be anything. I've had alot of diagnotic experience so luckily i was able to use that to take care of it , funny part is i already checked my grounds and i almost wasnt going to do it again , until i realized that a unloaded working ground does not matter , that a good ground can still be a bad ground once its loaded.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did that resolve your issue?
That way future people who few this know, thanks
Old 11-20-2014, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Default I know Your Problem!

i have the same air intake and YES the cold air induction air intake is the problem! if you look at your picture with the intake, the metal intake box is sitting right on top of your starter wire and bolt. what happens is when you get on the gas and the engine torques up, the starter power bolt rubs against the air box and wears a hole on the starter bolt rubber boot then rubs off the coating on the metal air box causing it to short and thats why your locks cycle, lights turn on on your dash and the car falls on its face on hard acceleration. you need to modify the box and move it more at an angle away from the starter and trim that power wire bolt at the starter so that it clears the box. believe me, it would have been a very expensive repair because i learned it the hard way! had to replace pcm, tcm and engine wiring harness at dealer. luckily i had an aftermarket warranty to cover the cost. if you dont do that asap, you will fry the internal ground to your tcm and would need to run a ground to your tcm housing or replace the tcm. i couldnt believe it was the intake either when the dealer told me but then i had a friend brake torque the engine is when i saw the starter bolt push up against the air box and could see the sparks and of course, the same symptoms you have reoccurred. once you adjust the air box, you will not have any more problems. I hope this helps in time!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Another reason why fenderwell is so much better
Old 11-21-2014, 02:13 PM
TECH Junkie

I never had and issue with mine.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Actually it took about a year before my issues develop.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Launching!

I custom built my own version of the CAI style intake. Mine is custom built in the car and damn near seals completely up against the back of the headlight and along the support...beside the radiator/cooler, etc. 2 layers of 28ga sheet metal and 2 layers of graphite header wrap in between. clamped and welded once cut to size. I'd have to snap some pics but it's a REAL tight fit and has to go in in 3 separate pieces and be bolted together in the car.

Since I took the time to cut the templates and build it in the car i do not have the starter bolt issue (that i am aware of). I should double check clearances but I bet i have a healthy distance all things considered. I also built it with an eventual conversion to a 4" MAF in mind as everything is 4" but the LS4 MAF itself.

Let me see if i can dig up pictures...
Old 11-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Old 11-29-2014, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gcelis
i have the same air intake and YES the cold air induction air intake is the problem! if you look at your picture with the intake, the metal intake box is sitting right on top of your starter wire and bolt. what happens is when you get on the gas and the engine torques up, the starter power bolt rubs against the air box and wears a hole on the starter bolt rubber boot then rubs off the coating on the metal air box causing it to short and thats why your locks cycle, lights turn on on your dash and the car falls on its face on hard acceleration. you need to modify the box and move it more at an angle away from the starter and trim that power wire bolt at the starter so that it clears the box. believe me, it would have been a very expensive repair because i learned it the hard way! had to replace pcm, tcm and engine wiring harness at dealer. luckily i had an aftermarket warranty to cover the cost. if you dont do that asap, you will fry the internal ground to your tcm and would need to run a ground to your tcm housing or replace the tcm. i couldnt believe it was the intake either when the dealer told me but then i had a friend brake torque the engine is when i saw the starter bolt push up against the air box and could see the sparks and of course, the same symptoms you have reoccurred. once you adjust the air box, you will not have any more problems. I hope this helps in time!
Funny you mentioned tihs , because when i cleaned up my ground wires when i was having the same issue i put a plastic cap over that post as a precaution and i bet that resolved my problem , cause i was having the exact same issue and assumed it was the corroded ground wires that i replaced that fixed it , but i also covered that post at the same time and my problem went away
Old 11-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Looks very good!

Quick Reply: intake