LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

downpipe

Old 12-21-2014, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default downpipe

alright I got my impala ss, so now to get to it, anyone have any real world results of stock vs zz catless or catted pipe, noticeable difference in power and/or mpg? I want to do that and heat wrap the crossover in hope to not heat soak the trans as bad as stock.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Launching!

First mods should be the Transgo shift kit and a big transmission cooler. Both of these can be done in under 2-4hrs for a first time thru.

I added a downpipe and a Lew Tune to my GXP. Coupled with a CAI of my own construction it made a very noticeable difference.

That being said if i could do it over i would go headers right off the bat.

Heatwrapping the crossover is not going to offer any substantial benefits other than perhaps not heatsoaking the intake as much. A good transmission cooler will keep things in check despite the crossover being right on top of it.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

is the trans go just the simple spacers for the cups? I don't plan on beating on her much, but if I can free up a few mpg that's my biggest thing even if she already is double the mpg of my last DD, im keeping it simple to the point of just throwing in a k&n and maybe mod the air box if I get bored. but everything should get some more rumble from the exhaust, lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: downpipe