Ackbar: "Hey, yeah this is Dave right......"
Old 01-02-2015, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have bought a GTP. Car is not worth this kind of money. lol
Old 01-02-2015, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

look at it this way, at least you wont have to worry about it again for a long time.

i tell myself that every day lol
Old 01-02-2015, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blkchevyz
look at it this way, at least you wont have to worry about it again for a long time.

i tell myself that every day lol

Your transmission already ordered ? What options did you go for ? Whens expectd Delivery if you've already ordered and not received it ? Are you installing it your self ? Just Curious hehe
Old 01-05-2015, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sint3k
Your transmission already ordered ? What options did you go for ? Whens expectd Delivery if you've already ordered and not received it ? Are you installing it your self ? Just Curious hehe
i've had mine in for a few years now. only options i went with was the 3.29 or what ever gears and a transmission cooler, oh and the tune for the gears.

installed it myself, it was a pain in the *** but really there are not any good directions out there, at least when i did it. the main thing to look out for is one of the transmission bolts is put in through the engine side, vs the rest on the transmission side. i think it took me a full day to get that figured out, had everything else off but it wouldnt budge.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blkchevyz
i've had mine in for a few years now. only options i went with was the 3.29 or what ever gears and a transmission cooler, oh and the tune for the gears.

installed it myself, it was a pain in the *** but really there are not any good directions out there, at least when i did it. the main thing to look out for is one of the transmission bolts is put in through the engine side, vs the rest on the transmission side. i think it took me a full day to get that figured out, had everything else off but it wouldnt budge.
Yea it took me 8 hours to remove my transmission for the first time and about 2 days to get it back in. I did mine a few months ago. the engine side trans bolt For me that was easy i had the extentions to get back in there easily with a magnetic socket. The hardest part for me was getting the power steering rack lined up with the frame again and then the frame lined up, had to use the alighment holes with big metal dowels
Old 01-06-2015, 03:38 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4l60E?
I never worked on any tranny before. Did some research .Purchased one of the many videos that do a step by step rebuild .
Video 30$ (Box wrench)
Rebuild kit few hundred.
And my time.
That was three years ago.I will never send a transmission out again.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sint3k
Yea it took me 8 hours to remove my transmission for the first time and about 2 days to get it back in. I did mine a few months ago. the engine side trans bolt For me that was easy i had the extentions to get back in there easily with a magnetic socket. The hardest part for me was getting the power steering rack lined up with the frame again and then the frame lined up, had to use the alighment holes with big metal dowels
yeah getting it was easy, i just didnt know it was there. i kept feeling it just just thought it was an alignment stud lol

Quick Reply: 2793.10