LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

questions on hp tuners

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions on hp tuners

Got a 06 monte ss, plan on getting tranny built with my tax money its acting up. sometimes when your at stop and take off its kinda shakes bad, and sometimes give it gas and it does go anywhere then kicks in any pointers on this would be surely appreciated due to this being my only transportation. Now on to the questions of how tuning.
How complicated is it?
I've never computer tuned a car before and im dieing to learn.
How would I know if what I did to a tune is a good or bad thing even if I change something small?
Like changing fan temp, and changing a little to variables, such as I want to tune DOD out, raise my rev limiter, and transmission tuning.
my 3rd question is tuning the trans with hp tuners, a shift kit and a big cooler. Will these things make my trans last a little longer the way it is now or is it gonna make it get worse?
If this helps I've only hacked the air box. You guys answers will determine if I get hp tuners. And after that my planned mods are tuning out DOD, ls6 or ls7 maf i think, headers, catless down pipe, borla mufflers all pipe will be stainless, 1.8 rockers, shift kit, trans cooler. Will a, stock rebuild transmission hold up to these mods? I've all ready called TEP just waiting on taxes for the build. I just want to know if the stock trans can handle those. I do plan how ever to do a ls2/ls6 intake swap by not til 2016, and im going to turbo it in 2017. And I know you guys are gonna tell me to get the top TEP trans but dave said the street and strip trans would be enough for those mods except the turbo ans funds on my side are low low I just want to start simple mods. thanks every body in advance and ill be kinda slow replying today while at work
Old 02-06-2015, 10:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would highly recommend hp tuners, when you purchase it let me know, I can provide some valuable links , and as always we are here as a community to help with any questions u might have
Old 02-07-2015, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go for the HP Tuners, The Tuning part is easy if your willing to spend the time learning. Plus allot of us already have the answers. If your going to go for a TEP Transmission you NEED to get the top of the line if you are planning on turbo , unless you like spending double the money and time. I would spend the additional time it would take to save up to get the amount you need for a top build...
Old 02-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91parkave
I would highly recommend hp tuners, when you purchase it let me know, I can provide some valuable links , and as always we are here as a community to help with any questions u might have
U should make a sticky for the useful links like the ones you've sent me over the years

Quick Reply: questions on hp tuners