LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

transmission cooler install

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Maybe if you find a female fitting to barbed you could easily do that instead. all you'd is the thread pitch of the quick connect fitting installed in the Radiator. Then you add a little line and youre golden
Is it possible your year car is different than mine in regards to the lines? I removed my top line and the cooler line just slid right on and was clamped, I would think the bottom line is the same. The end of my factory line looks just like the fitting in post 2. Clamp on and done. Does yours look different?
Old 05-15-2015, 10:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rottonj
Is it possible your year car is different than mine in regards to the lines? I removed my top line and the cooler line just slid right on and was clamped, I would think the bottom line is the same. The end of my factory line looks just like the fitting in post 2. Clamp on and done. Does yours look different?
all ls4 cars regardless of year have the same trans lines and radiator Fittings. I was just referring to using the whole radiator cooler line fitting if one wanted too In a standalone configuration
Old 05-15-2015, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok GXP25 just pop the two lines off the radiator by removing the spring clips and connect the two lines from the new cooler with clamps, there isn't any other thing that needs to be done . This thread should be closed before anyone adds anything more to confuse everyone.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rottonj
Ok GXP25 just pop the two lines off the radiator by removing the spring clips and connect the two lines from the new cooler with clamps, there isn't any other thing that needs to be done . This thread should be closed before anyone adds anything more to confuse everyone.
Yeah, assuming the bottom line has the same fitting as the top one. Then yeah, it should be pretty simple.

I'm still going to do an inline install in the meantime.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

10/4. If it was me and I was installing stand alone I would also purchase 2 of the fittings in post 2 and cap them off with a vacuum cap just so nothing could contaminate the system. Good luck with the install.

Quick Reply: transmission cooler install