LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

07 Grand Prix GXP

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 05:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have a sunroof either.

And like any factory car most have have a resonator to cut noise levels down to a acceptable level. Not because of dod
Old 05-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not totally sure about the LS4s, but newer AFM vehicles use the backpressure from the resonator to keep V4 mode running longer... So do with that information what you will.

But having an early-build 2007 without a sunroof is kinda the best GXP to have (in my opinion). It's the newest one that has the real Alcoa wheels, the lack of sunroof keeps the center of gravity lower and reduces overall weight, optimizing performance. Also, from a philosophical standpoint, when that car was new, it was the highest-performing showroom Pontiac available (GTO ended in 2006, and G8 didn't show up until 2008).

Enjoy your wonderful Unicorn! (I'm a little jealous)
Old 05-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 05GXPjake
I'm not totally sure about the LS4s, but newer AFM vehicles use the backpressure from the resonator to keep V4 mode running longer... So do with that information what you will.

But having an early-build 2007 without a sunroof is kinda the best GXP to have (in my opinion). It's the newest one that has the real Alcoa wheels, the lack of sunroof keeps the center of gravity lower and reduces overall weight, optimizing performance. Also, from a philosophical standpoint, when that car was new, it was the highest-performing showroom Pontiac available (GTO ended in 2006, and G8 didn't show up until 2008).

Enjoy your wonderful Unicorn! (I'm a little jealous)
lol thanks ^.^
Old 05-27-2015, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Default Mufflers ._.

Now, I decided to go with the Mandrel Exhaust cuz its pipes, so full flow, and all i need/want are mufflers. I'm assuming the mufflers affect the sound in a way. I want a deep throaty sound like magnaflow but I really like the Powerflow Exhaust from SLP ._.
the stock sound is amazing on its own, but the stock exhaust is restrictive :/

so..... what mufflers should I get ._.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wink

The girls get all the attention on the car forums.

Quick Reply: 07 Grand Prix GXP