LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

LS4 or G8 GT? Which Would You Choose?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rkhodges21
Like I said by bluebook values, the cars should be around $8k in middle TN, but there are not many listed on Craigslist in Nashville right now, so most of them are at dealers which would explain the price tag I assume. I did find one GP GXP with 110000 on the odometer listed for $5200 and I thought that was reasonable.
Yeh 5200 is more typical of what they sell for, most GXP owners dont really know what they have anyway. Unless the trans was already replaced though, you can put that on the list of things it will eventually need for sure. Pretty sure we have a trans exploded thread pop up once a week on here. lol Dealers are always gonna be priced extraordinarily high, retail value on these cars i believe is still over 10k at a dealer with 100k on them. There's a few G8 GT's on CL right now in my area between 11-15, and a reletively clean one for about 13,500. Local dealer up the street had a clean red one that was listed for about 19k a few months back.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spawne32
ok so the 4t65e @ 80mph would e roughly 2100rpm unlocked, and the 6L80e would be roughly 1900rpm unlocked, and figure a converter drop of about 300rpm. I shouldnt be doing trans math when im tired. :x
LOL, its all good!
Old 07-17-2015, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rottonj
LOL, its all good!
lol ive been exploring the trans settings and its shocking how soft these transmissions are stock from the factory. I made some pretty big modifications to the force motor current tables today (force motor is basically an electronic pressure relief valve for main line pressure) just waiting on these damn tires to get here monday to test these settings out, see if i can squeeze it a little bit more.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spawne32
nah, when i bought it, it was trashed remember. It's possible that the increase in power is softening it up a bit, but dave said its typical of what he expects of a JTFM by what i described. I'd be curious to see how yours behaves. If i get some free time and open road where i wont get a ticket, ill take some video so you can see how soft it is. The car may pull like a freight train in the high rpm, but you can rev that bitch to the moon just by tapping the pedal to the floor real fast and the car wont respond to it, thats how soft it is. I want this thing to snap your neck when you punch the throttle, its doing just the opposite. You can tell the STR is very low on these converters.
Well mine may not be the best representation of stock as although it hasn't acted up for awhile now it still has internal issues. Some weird **** between 50 and 60 sometimes(not sure if its lock up or DOD related).That's why I baby the car, hence the decent gas mileage. Once I get the plugs swapped and re-gapped I will see whats up.

Quick Reply: LS4 or G8 GT? Which Would You Choose?