LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Traction control question

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Traction control question

I know the TC light bulb in the dash works because it comes on when I start my car. The problem I'm having is after I've started the car and run it some I can press the TC button and the TC symbol with the slash thru it doesn't come on. I'm assuming if you press the TC button, it turns the TC off and the light in the instrument cluster lets you know that it's off. When I press my TC button I don't think it's doing anything. Could the body control module have something to do with this?
Old 10-12-2015, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That or the button does not work anymore. If you would like to see if the button is broke then do the following:
Pop out the connector that has the Traction control button.
Back Probe the Brown/White wire with a Pin/needle or pierce the wire with a piercing probe.
Ground the Brown/white wire to ground. If the light lights up, then the button is broke. If not then something is wrong with the body Control module or a code is set preventing traction control from being disabled

Also the lamp could be burned out. Best way to find out if the lamp is burned out is

Start the car
Wait 15 seconds
Push the traction control button "ONCE" and only "ONCE"
Push the ebrake down to the floor
do a burnout

Let me know if the button appears broke based on the instructions i gave you, there may be an issue with its ground and not the button
Old 10-12-2015, 06:16 AM
Staging Lane

I do know the lamp lights up when I start he car and the key is at the ACC position. You know that 5 seconds when all the dash lights light up. I'll try probing that wire today and let you know.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Appreciate the help. I checked and the switch was bad. Replaced it and problem solved.

Quick Reply: Traction control question