LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Impala ss balancer

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impala ss balancer

Hi, the balancer went bad on my IMPALA SS and after I finally got the bolt out I noticed I can't see all 3 holes at the same time to insert the puller to remove it. I rented the wrong puller anyway, but even if I had the right one there is not enough room to pull and replace the balancer. I've seen things about dropping the cradle, but what's involved with that? I'm pretty knowledgeable and have changed a balancer before, but what am I looking at with this? I started on it yesterday thinking I would be done in an hour and a half, but it took 4 hours to get the bolt out, so after discovering I had the wrong puller, I quit for the day and watched the SUPERBOWL. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lower the cradle is the easiest way if you are up on a lift a screw Jack to support it or a no lift u will have to get the front of the car up high enough for a small Jack stand unbolt both passenger cradle bolts and you will have ample room
Old 02-28-2016, 02:06 PM
Teching In

I always drill and tap 3 holes and use a steering wheel type puller. It's a lot lower profile than a jaw type puller

Quick Reply: Impala ss balancer