LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Full Poly mount set now available!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Full Poly mount set now available!!

Hey everyone,

After waaaay too long of R&D, I now have a full set of poly motor mounts !!

The last one I was waiting on was a full cast version of the front mount & it is stout !!!

All 3 lower mounts are made with stainless steel and cast polyurethane = these should be the last and only mounts you will have to buy.

I tested these on my own Turbo GXP and they make a very noticeable difference for performance. I did notice some minor vibration when in low speed with DOD enabled. Pimpala tested them on his 08 Monster Turbo Impala build - see his post for his own words. Bottom line these are a fantastic upgrade to get more power to the ground and seat of the pants feel.

I will be able to sell the front mount by itself or all 3 together, this is based on how I had to get them made so please don't beat me up on it. The side trans mount is made off the LS4 specific mount, not the 3800 mount that some performance companies sell. Better said, all 3 mounts are made off actual LS4 mounts.

Front mount only is great for stock or mildly modified daily drivers = you will notice the difference instantly. The full set is for performance, but know that some vibration is likely, mainly depending on your tune and if you have DOD enabled.

Please know that I am a fellow enthusiast that took my time, effort and paid for prototyping so we can have these available. That said, the cost is equivalent to a group buy...

Front mount only is $185 all in with shipping and PayPal fees.

All 3 lower mounts is $475 all in with shipping and PayPal fees.

Please PM me if your interested.

Name:  mount%20set%202_zpstbgujjry.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  206.9 KB

Name:  mount%20set_zpsjzv58fd7.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  207.0 KB

Last edited by x11 nut; 03-05-2016 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Very nice man!
I have your original front mount (which is fantastic). Is there any benefit to swapping to this version?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 03-04-2016, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Some comparison pics - stock versus...

Name:  IMG_6759Medium_zps557d7864.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6758Medium_zps19ca0c29.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  125.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6756Medium_zps5cd9a76d.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  124.4 KB

Name:  mount%205_zpsdzzxkh6d.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  123.0 KB

Name:  mount%204_zpsj9rqmrad.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  235.6 KB

Name:  mount%203_zpsf5prwlfp.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  243.1 KB
Old 03-04-2016, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike The Canadian
Very nice man!
I have your original front mount (which is fantastic). Is there any benefit to swapping to this version?

Thanks,

Mike
Hey Mike,

If I recall, you have light or no mods - so despite wanting to move some mounts, I would say no - the front mount version 1 or 2 makes a huge difference but trading to the cast version will be marginal increase for you. Now, Pimpala was actually stress cracking my original mount so for all out performance, the cast mounts are the best.

Thanks for the props!

Cheers
Old 03-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Thanks for being honest dude. I had an n-body malibu (3x00 motor) with poly mounts which scared the heck out of me for ever doing it again - I'm not sure if it was the castings or the motor itself being rough.

Either way - with dod disabled the vibes on this aren't uncomfortable (I also have poly dogbone bushings), I missed the responsiveness of poly

Car responds and reacts much quicker!
Old 03-05-2016, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow,clean looking
Old 03-05-2016, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

to put my 2 cents in these mounts are awesome not trying to stroke Roberts ego at all but he did a really good job with the R&D here (With my help of course!) I have them all on my car and even with my bigger cam built motor I barley feel added vibration they just work....
Old 03-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Teching In

i wish i had the spare $ for these to replace my stock crap mounts
Old 03-25-2016, 06:17 PM

Just received my front mount today. It is very well made and I would highly recommend it. The stock mount is literally not even comparable to this beast of a mount. I couldn't be happier with it .
Old 05-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Just got mine installed over the weekend.

Huge difference over stock; and my fully done up valve body from TEP barks the tires pretty well now too.

Thanks for the great product...I'd recommend this to anyone with an LS4 powered car.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K wait... I don't mind buying these at all its awesome that these were developed... it's not a cost issue its more like a cost benefit issue... what is this going to actually do for me? Just cut down on vibration? How is this going to impact my straight line performance etc?
Old 05-05-2016, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will help you put power to the ground. The firmer it is the less twisting your engine will want to do. I think of it like a drill. It wants to twist in your hand but the harder you grab it the more work it'll put in to drilling.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:41 AM
Teching In

Mounts look well made however unaffordable for most and 10yrs too late..my 2cents

Last edited by Killerb; 05-06-2016 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bluegtp91
Just got mine installed over the weekend.

Huge difference over stock; and my fully done up valve body from TEP barks the tires pretty well now too.

Thanks for the great product...I'd recommend this to anyone with an LS4 powered car.
Thank you, I'm glad your happy with it!
Old 05-06-2016, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lVloses
Will help you put power to the ground. The firmer it is the less twisting your engine will want to do. I think of it like a drill. It wants to twist in your hand but the harder you grab it the more work it'll put in to drilling.
Your right on point, with stock mounts the motor loads up while flexing before you feel it hit the tires. With these mounts not flexing, you get instant response / sink in the seat feeling.

Far as the benefit, power to the ground as mentioned - everyone that has installed them has positive comments. There is a definite improvement in how quick and hard you can launch, either from a stop or a roll - that's the improvement you'll feel the most. You'll also never have to worry about replacing the mount(s) again! The whole reason I develop them was because I was tired of ripping front motor mounts.

I know the seat of the pants feel is an improvement, but would be interested in a before & after dyno test.. Although I don't imagine it'll change peak numbers, seeing the torque at launch & acceleration would certainly validate more power making it to the wheels.

Unless someone that has them installed did before & after track times with no other changes?
Old 05-06-2016, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killerb
Mounts look well made however unaffordable for most and 10yrs too late..my 2cents
Thanks, but not sure saying they're unaffordable tells the whole story. Running just the front poly mount will give the best bang for the buck @ $185, the full set is for those that are focused on pure performance. I understand $185 isn't chump change but you'll buy several front mounts if you own & drive your LS4 for any length of time. For me, the added cost to have a lifetime part & added performance is worth it - but I understand living on budget!

Now compare that to a cold air kit that cost even more and doesn't provide the same level of noticeable performance increase.

Happy cruising!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:05 PM
Launching!

How long are you gonna make these? I'd hope for awhile lol
Old 05-08-2016, 03:59 AM
Teching In

How much time and effort is it to replace the front mount only? How about all 3 mounts?

Lastly, when you say highly modified rides are best suited for all 3, how modified are you talking? I am planning an intake swap, headers, resonator delete and high flow cat and mufflers, cold air intake (installed), and anything else that seems interesting like Don's STB bars (installed) and other suspension upgrades.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Koren
How long are you gonna make these? I'd hope for awhile lol
I have them made in batches, so long as they keep selling I'll keep getting them for everyone.

Cheers
Old 05-08-2016, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by matdaddy
How much time and effort is it to replace the front mount only? How about all 3 mounts?

Lastly, when you say highly modified rides are best suited for all 3, how modified are you talking? I am planning an intake swap, headers, resonator delete and high flow cat and mufflers, cold air intake (installed), and anything else that seems interesting like Don's STB bars (installed) and other suspension upgrades.
The front only is easy to change and can be done in your driveway or garage with a jack, stands & 15mm socket & preferably ratcheting wrench.

Changing all 3 can also be done at home but requires wrestling it a bit. Basically you loosen all mount bolts to the end of the threads but still engaged, then one by one remove just one mount bolts and lift that corner of motor/trans and swap out but don't tighten down, just start the bolts again. By keeping the nuts just started you'll ensure they stay in the holes and not twist everything. Front & side are easy, the rear proves more frustrating but plan to readjust the jack to get just the right leverage and your good.

So by highly modified, I should pair that with how you use your car - I have a Turbo LS4 but don't really race it, just like the crisp response I get from the mounts. If you like to drag, roll race or autocross regularly &/or don't mind/ enjoy having some engine vibration then I'd recommend the set. The front mount is stout but if your hard on your ride, having all 3 poly will ensure you never have a mount issue again.

Cheers,
Robert

Quick Reply: Full Poly mount set now available!!