LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

possible to put power passenger seat from impala to monte

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible to put power passenger seat from impala to monte

My passenger seat on my 06 Monte is driving me nuts. It rattles on the seat track where the locking pins go into the holes on the seat rail. Are the mounting points the same on the impala as in the monte? I want to swap out the seat rails to power to eliminate the loose design of the manual seat track.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Teching In

It's definitely possible. I believe it would bolt up the same way. You just need to figure out the wiring. If you can find one in a junkyard have a look at it and take the wiring harness and whatever else might help.

I have a Monte as well and wouldn't mind swapping over that seat too. They are noisy. I always thought the Impala had a manual passenger seat too.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Teching In

from the pictures i've seen on ebay, the power seat tracks appear to mount the same. Most upper end impalas with bucket seats have a power passenger one also. The monte does not, b/c it is a two door and they wanted to make the passenger seat an easy rear entry option by allowing it to slid forward. Not many people ride in the back seat of my car, so this is an option i would not mind loosing. You just need power and ground, and the power relay for the driver's power seat is in the passenger kick panel fuse block. Power for the heated seats and air bag will not change, since those are in the seat, not the track. What I've done to lessen the track rattle is to drive a center punch into the top sides of the upper track where the edge is folded over. You'll see what I mean when you look at them. This causes the two tracks to wedge together limiting seat movement, and rattle. Of course the seat is now a little harder to move. Who cares! At least the rattling has stopped. Of course, if you continue to move the seat or if a big dude sits in it and leans back, it will cause the tracks to become loose again.

Quick Reply: possible to put power passenger seat from impala to monte