Old 04-15-2016, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ty for service 91
Old 04-15-2016, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Computer sits on the ac line and tcm fits in the slot on the frame where The radiator is
What did u use to hold them up? Niffy modding, a buddy of mine used something for a roof to block his filter in the wheel well....
Old 04-15-2016, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in, cold air intakes dont make you power. They are pretty and make whistle noises, thats it. No offense, but claiming you feel the power cause of it, its in your head. Aka placebo
Old 04-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sint3k
Just wanted to put my 2 cents in, cold air intakes dont make you power. They are pretty and make whistle noises, thats it. No offense, but claiming you feel the power cause of it, its in your head. Aka placebo
I guess that's why I never changed out my box. Tuner was saying on a dyno its not really noticeable for 200 bucks lol..now my box has a crack in it so I need another stock one.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got one
Old 04-16-2016, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by superglide9375
i got one

A stock box or a Cai?
Old 04-16-2016, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That depends. If it's pulling in cooler air then yes it will make more power because the air will be denser meaning more oxygen so more fuel is able to burn. Secondly if it's pulling in cooler air it's not reading as high on the IATs so it won't be pulling as much timing. Thirdly the filter material is easier to breathe through than the stock filter and your engine being an air pump it's using its momentum to pull a vacuum, and the more restrictive material will put more load on your engine (albeit next to nothing). However I do agree that unless your current intake is causing sky high IATs, you won't feel the difference.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

got both but using cai when i do headers got a stock one with k&n filter in my garage and soon ill have a k&n intake system for sale
Old 04-16-2016, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by superglide9375
got both but using cai when i do headers got a stock one with k&n filter in my garage and soon ill have a k&n intake system for sale
Why swap when you do headers?
Old 04-16-2016, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i think u right IVloses if u pull in more air= more fuel more power but i do think it has to be tuned for that affect-one of the tune guys on here may know more about it ,not saying seat of pants diff,but with other things as exhaust i think u would get more power
Old 04-16-2016, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

want to
Old 04-16-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Found a old pic but you see where my filter is, I draw nothing but ambient air this way while still maintaining weatherproof driving year long
Old 04-16-2016, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Found a old pic but you see where my filter is, I draw nothing but ambient air this way while still maintaining weatherproof driving year long
Okay I see that does make a lot of sense, I'm gonna have to try that with my Monte then, I gotta make sure to get a big enough filter though
Old 04-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Well, I'll tell you this. Typically on my drive upstate I use a half tank. After putting in the CAI intake, I drove my car the same way I typically do, and got to my house and used a quarter tank. So there is a noticeable difference in gas mileage. Do not tell me that's a "placebo" or it was " in my head". It's solid proof. I have better mpg at least.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dam koren i just sold my fenderwell from my 3800 a little while ago but i got it from intense racing-reasonable price still on thier site
Old 04-17-2016, 07:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Redd
Well, I'll tell you this. Typically on my drive upstate I use a half tank. After putting in the CAI intake, I drove my car the same way I typically do, and got to my house and used a quarter tank. So there is a noticeable difference in gas mileage. Do not tell me that's a "placebo" or it was " in my head". It's solid proof. I have better mpg at least.
So you're claiming changing to a cone filter doubled your mileage?
Old 04-17-2016, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol uh oh
Old 04-17-2016, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please do yourself a favor and just stop. It's clear where your knowledge level is at, which is fine,we have all been there.but please just stop this from continuing any further
Old 04-18-2016, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Please do yourself a favor and just stop. It's clear where your knowledge level is at, which is fine,we have all been there.but please just stop this from continuing any further
This is why I don't like open forums. The fact is it happened. Explain it to me then genius. Since you're so opinionated, did I subconsciously drive the car differently ? Did I enter some sort of time warp ? Please don't say anything if you're not here to help out. Don't put people down, that makes you a chump. Good ?
Old 04-18-2016, 08:33 AM
Teching In

This is why I don't like open forums. The fact is it happened. Explain it to me then genius. Since you're so opinionated, did I subconsciously drive the car differently ? Did I enter some sort of time warp ? Please don't say anything if you're not here to help out. Don't put people down, that makes you a chump. Good ?
Maybe my stock air filter was screwed up. Maybe the new one did nothing except fix an old problem, I don't know the mathematics or symantecs of how it works or more importantly WHY it worked but it did, I didn't get a massive hp increase at least not noticeable but
My gas mileage greatly improved.

Quick Reply: Air intake