LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

thinking about going in for the ignition recall? think again

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default thinking about going in for the ignition recall? think again

Took my car down to the dealer today for recall 14291 headlamp driver module, and recall 14350 for the ignition recall. This is what they give me back.

****** glue everywhere, thing is falling out. What a ****** joke. I already filed a complaint with GM customer care but I doubt ill get anywhere.

Last edited by spawne32; 05-26-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Two rings is forbidden, hence the recall . I did it awhile ago, its a joke. My 04 has the front valve cover recall due, GM will discard my engine cover if I leave it on when bringing it in so thats not happening . You got robbed on the relay, and I would ask them to show me which one was replaced.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rottonj
Two rings is forbidden, hence the recall . I did it awhile ago, its a joke. My 04 has the front valve cover recall due, GM will discard my engine cover if I leave it on when bringing it in so thats not happening . You got robbed on the relay, and I would ask them to show me which one was replaced.
I found it actually, took some hunting, was looking at the wrong relay, it does seem to match the part # on the paper, its identical to the old one though. lol
Old 05-26-2016, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

the replacements listed online are listed as a GM high pwr fuse but the HDM itself seems to be much different for whatever reason.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Was your car experiencing problems or was the relay replaced as a preventative to what could occur?
Old 05-26-2016, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rottonj
Was your car experiencing problems or was the relay replaced as a preventative to what could occur?
it was replaced under the 14291 safety recall, for whatever reason. I guess by federal regulation they have to replace it because headlights are part of the safety system. States intermittent failure because of under hood temps and the part was not designed to tolerate the added heat. Some of them though if you google have actually caught fire. lol It's a 130 dollar relay too.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My key came back perfect, the retard at the dealership is to blame for your case
Old 05-27-2016, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

haven't had/owned my 2006 Monte Carlo for 3 years now, and they're still sending me cards telling me I need to bring it in for the key fix LOL

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-28-2016, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They did the same thing to the key for my imp and it too is disgusting. They should have replaced the key to one with a circular hole instead of butchering the one I had. Luckily have 3 more keys. I also have a 99 alero with the same key recall and after the hack job on my imp key, I don't think I will take the alero one. BTW, they are calling my house now about the recall. They should really take care with their "repairs" if they are to be taken seriously. I'm sure the keys are inexpensive to them and is what they should have done instead of ruining the key I had. Looks like it was made by a toy company now and by a dollar store at that......nice after spending 30k for the car.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Had my ignition recall done. Their "fix" was to add something over the key similar to yours but mine didn't look bad. I think there's a dink at your dealership who is lazy lol.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gilroy222
Had my ignition recall done. Their "fix" was to add something over the key similar to yours but mine didn't look bad. I think there's a dink at your dealership who is lazy lol.
When the key is broken so a ring won't stay on it we use a cover. Otherwise we just put the inserts in. Sometimes they fit perfect, other times they don't. Gm isn't gonna pay for new keys on all these vehicles, so it is what it is.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Mine came out looking better than that lol
Old 06-18-2016, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NowhereFast
When the key is broken so a ring won't stay on it we use a cover. Otherwise we just put the inserts in. Sometimes they fit perfect, other times they don't. Gm isn't gonna pay for new keys on all these vehicles, so it is what it is.

Are you saying that it was ok for the dealership to give spawne32 his key back looking like it does? His key looks like a**! Sometimes "it is what it is" isn't, or shouldn't be.

The last time a dealership told me "it is what it is" was after they had replaced my $45K Ram's ball joints under warranty twice. I came in a third time and my warranty had just expired.
Sorry, "it is what it is".
Two week's later, and a call to the dealership from the Vice-President of Customer Relations and I received the replacement, upgraded ball joints (installed) at no cost.

Spawne32,
Keep at them. They will normally fix the problem rather than face the bad publicity they get from ignoring it.

Quick Reply: thinking about going in for the ignition recall? think again