LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

DIC display... Maximum Gs...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIC display... Maximum Gs...?

I have a GXP Grand Prix it has the up level DIC with the trip computer.. One of the things it can monitor are the maximum G's, acceleration, deceleration, and lateral-acceleration. I am uncertain why the DIC monitors these values. For example deceleration.. does this measure how long it takes to stop after slamming on the brakes??.. Lateral acceleration is this how fast the car corners? Maximum G's..? Can someone explain what this information is for and how best to these measurements? I have not run into any information about this anywhere on the forum. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2016, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its for track purposes mostly, so people can see how hard they are rippin the corners or one of the pedals
Old 07-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Launching!

I wish our montes had that lol
Old 07-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend you go get a proven top tire... like a pilot super sport, or some top level bridgestone maybe.

Lowering your car would be a half way decent idea too.

basically tires and suspension in whatever form you want to take it even drag slicks and lowering only the front suspension etc etc...

Anything other than what's mentioned above will require modding the engine and getting a tune... and depending on how far you take that will determine more or less your "numbers".
Old 07-31-2016, 10:11 PM
Teching In

G's are g-forces exterted on the car. Lateral would be how hard you get thrown to one side or other when cornering, acceleration is how hard you get pushed into the seat when accelerating and braking is how hard you get pushed into the seatbelt when stopping.

I've had a max of .85 lateral, .75 acceleration, and 1.17 stopping.

Quick Reply: DIC display... Maximum Gs...?