LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Blowing blue smoke when coming out of DoD mode

Old 07-04-2016, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Blowing blue smoke when coming out of DoD mode

So I've had this 06 Impala SS for about 4 days...has 37,000 miles...just noticed serious blue smoke out the back when I believe it was going from 4 cyl back to 8 cyl mode.

I know DoD causes oil burning, and I can see now why. Does something need to be cleaned or adjusted? I work for a GM dealer...can a dealer program the DoD out? I really don't feel like paying for a tune at this point...this is a DD to keep miles off my CTS V. Cheap is important! But I can't have this thing billowing smoke all the time either.

Any advice is appreciated...thank you!
Old 07-04-2016, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if the dealer can shut if off, but if not there is a company out there that makes an OBD2 plug in that will essentially disable the DOD while it is plugged in. So it must be plugged in at all time driving. But once removed it is supposedly untraceable.

It's made my Range Technologies. I have had a few friends use them in there 07+ half tons with very good results.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the help...wondered where the hell my post went, as I did this on the mobile app and meant it for the LS4 board. I own an 11 V2 as well, and was checking both boards!

Can a mod move this over to LS4?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blowing blue smoke when coming out of DoD mode