LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Problems with InTune 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Problems with InTune 2

So I ordered my InTune from Lew and just tried uploading a 93 octane no DoD tune to the car. When it starts to upload it says it's loading a 91 octane tune. I figured ok...maybe when the tool downloaded my factory tune, it sensed spark knock so it only would allow 91. Ok, fine...

BUT....the car still goes into 4 cyl mode! Wtf??? Car doesn't drive any different at all. I think the tool is screwed up because as I'm paging through screens, it keeps hitting the back button from time to time and bringing me to the previous screen?

I'm sure Lew will answer emails tomorrow...for the moment, any advice? Not thrilled right now. I need to get DoD disengaged in this car...it's puffing a ton.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

OK, so on a hunch, because it appears I have a software problem with the Intune due to it continually going back screens, I figured screw it...I'll try actually selecting the 91 non DoD tune instead of 93 non DoD, and see what happens.

Unlike before, where it didn't even feel any different, it appears this tune actually loaded for whatever reason. The transmission is shifting firmer, and its not going into 4 cyl mode anymore. I tried 93 non DoD 5-6 times. Acted the same. Did 91 non DoD once, and its acting the way it should. I don't notice much if any power increase, but I do like the transmission programming...and its definitely snappier because it doesn't have to switch out of DoD.

Guess I'm calling Diablo tomorrow and getting another tuner sent. Anyone else ever have this issue? Makes no sense to me...
Old 07-11-2016, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone has had issues with diablo, thats why most people throw them in the trash and get hptuners. Sorry to hear you got sold into one of those shitty things.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by spawne32
Everyone has had issues with diablo, thats why most people throw them in the trash and get hptuners. Sorry to hear you got sold into one of those shitty things.
Had a Predator for my old 07 Duramax, and absolutely loved it. Is what it is...they'll have to send me another.

Took it for about a 60 mile ride, and I can notice a little difference in power. Its definitely more throttle response and transmission tuning likely than anything.

I also ordered a custom tune from Lew I'll datalog for after I get the CAI on it...then we'll see how it does..if the Intune can even handle loading it
Old 07-12-2016, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ask superglide about the night and day difference between his lewtune and what I did for him with hptuners. lol
Old 07-12-2016, 02:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

hptuners has a lot of other/additional tables that diablo's software does not have.. so obviously if there are things that are not present in diablo's templates, nothing can be done about it.. so yes, more can be done with hptuners..

I have and use hptuners myself - tuned my 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 with my hptuners..

but yes, a custom tune for diablo's tools with diablo's tuning software is better than their preset canned tunes - more can be done than just the adjustments with the tool..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-12-2016, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
hptuners has a lot of other/additional tables that diablo's software does not have.. so obviously if there are things that are not present in diablo's templates, nothing can be done about it.. so yes, more can be done with hptuners..

I have and use hptuners myself - tuned my 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 with my hptuners..

but yes, a custom tune for diablo's tools with diablo's tuning software is better than their preset canned tunes - more can be done than just the adjustments with the tool..

When i read this, all i heard in my head was blablabla
Old 07-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol sin....
Old 07-12-2016, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sint3k
Old 07-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spawne32
I wrote you on your wall you turd lol
Old 07-12-2016, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koren
I wrote you on your wall you turd lol
i answered you lol PM me next time
Old 07-13-2016, 07:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS

Originally Posted by Sint3k
too many big words for ya? lol

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-13-2016, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Alright y'all...be nice

Lew told me of a glitch in the Diablo software, so tonight I'm going to try to reload the canned 93 tune with the way he told me via email. Lew has been great to work with, and I look forward to getting his custom tune within a few weeks. Car is running great on the 91 tune, with 93 in the tank. I like the firm shift programming...I assume this helps transmission life as well?

I'm still going to call Diablo anyways, as I'm not happy the tuner keeps paging itself back. I have three LS vehicles I can tune with this thing by getting additional licenses...I imagine I'll be using this tool for awhile to come.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason E
Alright y'all...be nice

Lew told me of a glitch in the Diablo software, so tonight I'm going to try to reload the canned 93 tune with the way he told me via email. Lew has been great to work with, and I look forward to getting his custom tune within a few weeks. Car is running great on the 91 tune, with 93 in the tank. I like the firm shift programming...I assume this helps transmission life as well?

I'm still going to call Diablo anyways, as I'm not happy the tuner keeps paging itself back. I have three LS vehicles I can tune with this thing by getting additional licenses...I imagine I'll be using this tool for awhile to come.
At that rate HPTuners would've been cheaper than the Diablo products.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Great...but I have no interest in learning HP Tuners, and blowing my **** up. I don't know anyone that uses HP Tuners. Lew has a good reputation online for decent tunes. I'm fine with it.

I'm not building a race car here, gentlemen. Its an $8,300 Impala that if I can make it a bit quicker, kill DoD and gets the same or better MPG than I had with DoD? I'm happy.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great...but I have no interest in learning HP Tuners, and blowing my **** up. I don't know anyone that uses HP Tuners. Lew has a good reputation online for decent tunes. I'm fine with it.

I'm not building a race car here, gentlemen. Its an $8,300 Impala that if I can make it a bit quicker, kill DoD and gets the same or better MPG than I had with DoD? I'm happy.
Don't modify anything that would blow it up then lol. Learning curve is small, and there's many guides online to help you out. And if that's not good enough for you Will at Overkill has a HPTuners tuning package and would've remote tuned your car for you. Would've been money ahead for a better product is all I'm saying.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Alright y'all...be nice

Hp tuners come with 5 cars you could tune. Plus way more adjustability. Trust there's a reason why the vets here are telling you to go with overkill.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:42 PM
Launching!

My tuner charged the credit and maybe 50
Bucks to turn off dos plus adjust my shift pressure, so 150 even lol
Old 07-13-2016, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

night and day
Old 07-13-2016, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Hp tuners come with 5 cars you could tune. Plus way more adjustability. Trust there's a reason why the vets here are telling you to go with overkill.
Another thing I like about HP tuners, is they are constantly updating, so anything new you get without paying extra. All you pay for is the credits for additional vehicles etc. That may or may not be the case with daiblowsports (and i dont really care), but I figured it was worth highlighting.

Quick Reply: Problems with InTune 2