LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Cartuning transmission pan

Old 07-12-2016, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Cartuning transmission pan

Just taking this info from the "other" site. Pan looks nice!

http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...77#post1435377
Old 07-12-2016, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive data logged with my trans extensively and ive never seen pressure drops from fluid starvation... seems like a waste
Old 07-13-2016, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

This company took the time to develop a product not greatly overpriced for a transmission used in many modified vehicles. Its a good start. If it said TEP on the bottom and was $50 more there would much more hype.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There are other ways to get around pressure drop, but the sheer added capacity of fluid will help in combating high trans temps and put the filter down in the pan where it should be
Old 07-13-2016, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rottonj
This company took the time to develop a product not greatly overpriced for a transmission used in many modified vehicles. Its a good start. If it said TEP on the bottom and was $50 more there would much more hype.
Maybe,but i go off of facts i see personally and me personally have never seen it an issue
Old 07-13-2016, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sint3k
Maybe,but i go off of facts i see personally and me personally have never seen it an issue
Cartuning likes to tout that they have measured pressure drops even in normal driving, which i think is horse **** as well. Either way its a nice piece and it will work well. It definitely can drop those trans temps quite a bit by adding 3 extra quarts but as far as pressure drop, i still stand by the claim like all the other RWD guys that adding a extra half quart to full quart of fluid to the stock pan solves that problem. Which is why i run a half quart extra on mine, never had any issues.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spawne32
Cartuning likes to tout that they have measured pressure drops even in normal driving, which i think is horse **** as well. Either way its a nice piece and it will work well. It definitely can drop those trans temps quite a bit by adding 3 extra quarts but as far as pressure drop, i still stand by the claim like all the other RWD guys that adding a extra half quart to full quart of fluid to the stock pan solves that problem. Which is why i run a half quart extra on mine, never had any issues.
I would think personally you should with a cooler to increase the flow .
Old 07-13-2016, 10:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spawne32
this is what I've been doing as well however idue rather be in the right zone to prevent foaming from higher fluid levels.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have always added a little extra in my rear wheel drive cars as the suspension travel when launching or accelerating raised in the front, I never really even considered it helping anything here. I like the pan for the added capacity regardless, has a drain plug also. I will consider this when its transmission service time for sure.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even with my trans cooler installed.... it doesn't take very long at all of driving the car harder before fluid temps get too high for my liking.... I usually stop hard driving once my trans temps go beyond 105C.... let it cool down....

I could use an extra 5C of overall cooling since that's about what cartuning claims can be reasonably expected.

Am I being a ***** backing off at 105C by the way?
Old 07-14-2016, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Had to look up the conversion as you Canadians numbers are all screwed up (221 Fahrenheit). That's about where I didn't like to see it as well. After my cooler install I don't see those temps anymore, but I have not been beating mine either. I am confident the pan will help some.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cartuning transmission pan