LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

negative camber problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default negative camber problem

so I've been dealing with this for months now and already changed out the worn strut mounts and nothing. could bad LCA bushings be the cause of this? wheel bearing make no noise and have no movement what so ever. no ball joint noises either. the LCABs look ok but I can see a small tear forming on the front round ones. I know the camber at the strut is set so shouldn't be the problem. anyone else have a problem with this?
Old 08-12-2016, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can it not be aligned? How about adding a camber bolt? Not sure what your driving, this is for a GXP.

https://www.amazon.com/Moog-K90474-C...ype=automotive
Old 08-12-2016, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One thing parkave pointed out with mine was that the strut mounts have to be clocked in the right position, there is a plastic piece that goes under the metal plate that the bearing rides on that is offset, if that is backwards, your camber will be wrong.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah when I didn't the mounts I made sure they were clocked correctly. even before the mounts I was having an issue with the passenger side tire wearing I n the inside. I had it on an alignment rack once and they basically told me my shock was bent and it couldn't be done. I think the guy was full of **** because a monotube needs to be whacked pretty hard to bend. plus when I had them out they looked fine and identical. I also have some serious front end wobble under braking making me believe bushings are worn ad well. im not sure I think im going to start with the LCAs and go from there. car is 10 years old with 93K miles so they probably need a change anyway. going to also pickup camber bolts as well.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are going to do the control arms you may want to add the Moog problem solver ball socket bushing. And if handling is you thing, get the older style control arms and grab a GMPP front bar and poly bushings also.

Quick Reply: negative camber problem