LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Police Lower Control Arms - Impala

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Police Lower Control Arms - Impala

Is there any difference between the Police LCA's for the Impala and the NON Police(oem) LCA's for Impala?

Looking to replace the LCA's on my 08 GXP... local GM dealer gave me Police ones....

First problem I see is that the tie rod end ball joint is riveted in so changing over to the Moog problem solver ones I have might be challenging because I have to grind down and pound out the rivots... but.. are the Police ones using larger bushings?

Did I get the right ones?
Old 10-22-2016, 08:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Red your making this way to complicated for handling. onot a high hp car like yours you need a tubular lca. go to zzperformance and buy those.....yep they cost a pretty penny. but you won't have to worry about replacing components over and over.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$500 plus Canada conversion and shipping, duty, taxes... probably cost me $900 for the ZZP LCA's...

The two Police LCa's only cost me $180.... just looking that them though I'm wondering what the difference is... is the control arm bushing bigger? I dunno... just thought someone here might know the difference between stock and police LCA's
Old 10-22-2016, 10:35 AM

No no, difference but here is a way better alternative http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...nd-feel-for-50
Old 10-22-2016, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think he is going all Moog bushings, just using the new Impala control arms. My Delcos have the ball joint riveted too, I didnt care as I got them new for 40 each. If I was red I would have just ponyed up for the Moog, then replaced the spherical joint. The rear poly bushing was kind of a bitch to install and probably isnt needed. Either way your control arms are far superior, but in my opinion not worth the money with the zzp name and rep.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:50 PM

Zzp arms have been beat on for 3 years now on a daily driven coil over setup no cracking
And far superior to anything eelse on the market
Old 10-23-2016, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91parkave
Zzp arms have been beat on for 3 years now on a daily driven coil over setup no cracking
And far superior to anything eelse on the market
You're making my decision making process easier!

Quick Reply: Police Lower Control Arms - Impala