LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Diablosport Predators...time to update!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

what fuses have to be removed when using the Predator?? In the user book, it says OnStar, the radio fuses, special equipment option power, etc etc.

I can understand the OnStar fuse maybe, but the radio fuses???

If I remove the OnStar fuse(s), won't that reset all of my OnStar info, settings, phone number, stored numbers, etc etc??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 11-07-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OnStar is the only thing you need to disable.....
Old 11-07-2006, 09:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
OnStar is the only thing you need to disable.....
ok cool, but again... If I remove the OnStar fuse(s), won't that reset all of my OnStar info, settings, my phone number, stored numbers, etc etc??

and what about the DRL's or auto-headlights that would or may come on, since I'd be inside my garage?? Any issues with that?

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 11-07-2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

I can't even get my tuner to work on my car. I get the following error:

"Unable to read p/n of first configuration file."

Pic: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...1652_00337.jpg

This happens after I select Automatic Transmission.

In my email diagnostics session with Johan, he could not figure out what the problem is. So I'm going to bring my car to him personally so he can figure it out. He said he'd give me some free dyno time to tweak my tune for my troubles.

06MonteSS: During troubleshooting, he kepting telling me not to remove ANY fuses...

Anyone else getting this problem besides me?

Also, what does DOD have to do with removing tranny torque management?? When you are WOT, DOD is never active anyways...so what's the difference? In theory, shouldn't one be able to get all the performance they want without touching the torque management that affects the enabling and disabling of DOD???? Someone please explain. I think this is what Area is questioning.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hexxLS4
Also, what does DOD have to do with removing tranny torque management?? When you are WOT, DOD is never active anyways...so what's the difference? In theory, shouldn't one be able to get all the performance they want without touching the torque management that affects the enabling and disabling of DOD???? Someone please explain. I think this is what Area is questioning.
Diablo seems to be wiping the ability of the ECM to reduce torque universally in the goal of removing the torque management in shifts. This in turn creates the surge when DOD is turned on or off (no timing cut). Functionally the TCM asks the ECM to cut power in shifts, but since the Diablo tuner apparently cant talk to the TCM to reprogram it to ask for less, they attack the issue by removing the ECM's ability to adjust torque levels in shifts, DOD transitions, and so forth.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=hexxLS4]I can't even get my tuner to work on my car. I get the following error:

"Unable to read p/n of first configuration file."

Pic: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...1652_00337.jpg

This happens after I select Automatic Transmission.

06MonteSS: During troubleshooting, he kepting telling me not to remove ANY fuses...

Anyone else getting this problem besides me?

Yes, I did get that message the first time I tried to use my Predator. Felt kinda dumb after I figured out what the problem was, I didn't have the ignition in the on position on my car as I was trying to use the thing. Turned the key on and it worked like a charm. Don't know if this is your issue, but if it is; EASY FIX!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

it is very simple.
removing engine torque management caues the surge on dod.
dod is no where near active on WOT driving. so diabling d0d is pretty much pointless
removing too much torque managment will cause the tranny to shift slower on the 1-2 shift. keep this in mind.
if you go above 28.5 degrees of total timing, helllooooo kr!
Old 11-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Area47
if you go above 28.5 degrees of total timing, helllooooo kr!
If its cooler by you now, do some scans...I was running a new high (on the still still stock tables) of 30.5 degrees in 3rd and no KR.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

THANK YOU for clarifying that! I understood why the surging was occuring, however I did not understand why they were even messing with that torque management table. It was driving me nuts that they were messing with DOD at all after reading all the experiences with HP tuning. Makes total sense now. Has diablosport commented on the future in regards to talking directly to the TCM?

And regarding that error message....I always have the key out of the ignition when I attempt the tune. Throughout the entire diagnostics with Johan and the phone tech, I was never once asked to leave the key in the ON position. In the manual, I believe it says to make sure everything is completely off...thus not having the key in the ignition. Man, if this works, I will be so happy today!! Thanks for responding!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

THANK YOU for clarifying that! I understood why the surging was occuring, however I did not understand why they were even messing with that torque management table. It was driving me nuts that they were messing with DOD at all after reading all the experiences with HP tuning. Makes total sense now. Has diablosport commented on the future in regards to talking directly to the TCM?

And regarding that error message....I always have the key out of the ignition when I attempt the tune. Throughout the entire diagnostics with Johan and the phone tech, I was never once asked to leave the key in the ON position. In the manual, I believe it says to make sure everything is completely off...thus not having the key in the ignition. Man, if this works, I will be so happy today!! Thanks for responding!!!
Dude, The KEY MUST BE ON!!!
This will fix your problem.
TCM support is coming in the future, it will be a free upgrade to the tool when it becomes available.
Thanks
Mike
Old 11-08-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4
If its cooler by you now, do some scans...I was running a new high (on the still still stock tables) of 30.5 degrees in 3rd and no KR.

i may do that this weekend, i need to actually since i moved my IAT sensor
Old 11-08-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Dude, The KEY MUST BE ON!!!
This will fix your problem.
TCM support is coming in the future, it will be a free upgrade to the tool when it becomes available.
Thanks
Mike
Thanks again. It's funny that I've gone through like 20 emails of tech support and about an hour on the phone and this was never once mentioned as a troubleshooting step. That's like being a computer phone tech and trying to troubleshoot an issue without asking the user to reboot first. You also notice that the manual hasn't been updated for the LS4? They ask you to take out fuses that don't even exist! (Some of them weren't there anyways). But then Johan told me to make sure I do not remove them....

Last edited by hexxLS4; 11-08-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

what are the uses for the E40_PCInterface?? If I'm just downloading updated CROM files from the site, and putting the updated tunes into the predator and my car, do I need the E40_PCInterface for anything?? I should just need the DS_Downloader, right?

The E40_PCInterface app looks like it sends and gets .lan and .bin files for something...

So which apps do I really need??

Old 11-09-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks again. It's funny that I've gone through like 20 emails of tech support and about an hour on the phone and this was never once mentioned as a troubleshooting step. That's like being a computer phone tech and trying to troubleshoot an issue without asking the user to reboot first. You also notice that the manual hasn't been updated for the LS4? They ask you to take out fuses that don't even exist! (Some of them weren't there anyways). But then Johan told me to make sure I do not remove them....
It would seem almost too obvious, thats why noone asked if you had the key on. The owners manual clearly states this, as well as the prompts on the Predator while you're installing the tune.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
what are the uses for the E40_PCInterface?? If I'm just downloading updated CROM files from the site, and putting the updated tunes into the predator and my car, do I need the E40_PCInterface for anything?? I should just need the DS_Downloader, right?

The E40_PCInterface app looks like it sends and gets .lan and .bin files for something...

So which apps do I really need??
PCinterface is used to install custom tunes to the Predator, or to pull a copy of your backup for safe keeping or modification.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i may do that this weekend, i need to actually since i moved my IAT sensor

The IAT sensor is part of the MAF..... Did you move the MAF?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
The IAT sensor is part of the MAF..... Did you move the MAF?

nope!
clipped two wires, went and raped an f-body for the iat sensor and harness/plug, and wired it into the system.

the computer still thinks it's there with the rest of the mas system, but in reality, it's crammed into the front of the filter
Old 11-09-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One way to do it for sure! I just used my HPT and took away all the computer's right to adjust anything based on the IAT readings, except for over 120 degrees it start pulling timing yet... But fueling is flat lined elsewhere.

i have one of them clear plexiglass air box things i got from a guy with a GTP... and it still reads 80 degree IAT's when its 35 out lol... but the computer is not compensating at all from that any longer. Its there for looks pretty much cept for 120+ degrees
Old 11-09-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
One way to do it for sure! I just used my HPT and took away all the computer's right to adjust anything based on the IAT readings, except for over 120 degrees it start pulling timing yet... But fueling is flat lined elsewhere.

i have one of them clear plexiglass air box things i got from a guy with a GTP... and it still reads 80 degree IAT's when its 35 out lol... but the computer is not compensating at all from that any longer. Its there for looks pretty much cept for 120+ degrees

30 bucks for a gm parts counter.
do it! it makes a world of difference. if you need a how to. there is one written up on clubgp, but it is for 04-05 cars, i do how ever have a nice cheat sheet for 06 cars
Old 11-09-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

30 bucks for a gm parts counter.
do it! it makes a world of difference. if you need a how to. there is one written up on clubgp, but it is for 04-05 cars, i do how ever have a nice cheat sheet for 06 cars
Ive taken care of it already through the computer... no need, the IAT is just for looks now, cant rob power anymore except when needed.

Quick Reply: Diablosport Predators...time to update!