LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Best Wiper Blades??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Wiper Blades??

Well,, The ultimate question for those of us who drive in the rain.
Rain X Trico ???
Old 07-10-2007, 06:13 AM
Teching In

Default Wiper Blades

As crazy as this might sound I feel that the stock wiper blades on the 07 Impala SS are very good. I'm going to continue to get my replacement blades from the dealer.

Just my $.02..

Old 07-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Launching!

Probably the same kind of blades, but my stock ones have been on for 19 months now and still work great (knocking on wood).
Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just bought a set of Bosch Icons. They not only have a wind spoiler to push them down on the windshield, but they flop around like a wet noodle (allowing them to contour to the windshield the way they are supposed to). This is versus a blade with a plastic backing. I believe they were about $22 a piece. Well worth it.

http://jobs.boschusa.com/AutoParts/WiperBlades/ICON/
Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

I have to agree that the stock blades on my SS are by far the best i've ever had...and lasted quite a while. Through two harsh winters and 20,000+ mi, they're only now getting streaky. I'll be buying replacements from the dealer...even though they're still special order 2 years after the fact.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dj_stylzpgh/GXP05
I just bought a set of Bosch Icons. They not only have a wind spoiler to push them down on the windshield, but they flop around like a wet noodle (allowing them to contour to the windshield the way they are supposed to). This is versus a blade with a plastic backing. I believe they were about $22 a piece. Well worth it.

http://jobs.boschusa.com/AutoParts/WiperBlades/ICON/
I have the same blades on my 2004 GP and love them. They are expensive but very well worth it. The blades that came stock on my 06 GXP are very similar to them and when they need replacing I'll use the Bosch on it as well. The stock blades on the GXP are good but after you get them at the dealer then hell it's almost a cheap to get the Bosch ones anyway. I will say instead of getting a 22 on both driver and passenger side I have learned over the last 9 years of owning a Wbody car that if you put a 21 on the passanger side it works much better because it doesn't hang off the passenger side windshield. And I really don't care about the 1" of wipe difference on the top of the passenger side.
Tate
Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Those Icons look just like my OEM blades...but i think the OEM's are still less expensive.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

The Icons are all season. They told me that they would not freeze up on me.

Quick Reply: Best Wiper Blades??